Norwich and Norfolk group new thread!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Glad you got permission to use it for your teaching mate :You_Rock_ . I could give you a hand tidying up fridays as it's my day off. Maybe a thursday night camp out and an early start on the friday?

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Nice find Rich. Good luck with the venture. Dont mind giving you a hand to tidy up the site. I'm always pretty busy but if you post dates I can always try to re-arrange.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Well done :) That looks a really interesting site, if only to see what happens when man disappears from somewhere and how long it takes for nature to reclaim the land. I should also be able to help from time to time. :You_Rock_

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
would love to help on a tidy up but Norwich is a bit far to just call in but if you arrange some dates a friday night saturday day clean up i could maybe rearrange work. looks great by the way hope everything goes well.

lord lurcher

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
norwich, norfolk
Nice one rich! Sounds perrrrfect, i'll give a hand any time just let me know, any help you need to get your venture up and running if i'm able i''ll help you out as well (gratis obviously), look forward to seeing all soon.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Hi everyone. Not done much bushcrafty things lately :rolleyes: Too busy hunting the ££££££££££. Although I see these creatures everywhere, they seem to be really hard to trap successfully at this time of the year :( Hope tha't not illegal in this country :D

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
jojo said:
Hi everyone. Not done much bushcrafty things lately :rolleyes: Too busy hunting the ££££££££££. Although I see these creatures everywhere, they seem to be really hard to trap successfully at this time of the year :( Hope tha't not illegal in this country :D
It's not illegal but you probably need a permit :rolleyes: .
I had a wonder about yesterday and found a good patch of bay boletes and I've been having lots of chestnut and bacon soup too :p .
Been knifemaking alot too, just finished a bushseax for myself. I'll make the sheath tonight. And I'll probably work on a couple of blades tomorrow.
I'll have to set aside some time to work on my bows as I've a couple on the go at the moment. How are yours coming on? done any more to them lately?

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi back from my hol's,
a week in the cotswolds, in a tiny self catering cottage,.....and...no it was a bushcraft free zone!
loads of touristy stuff with the kids though we did a couple of short walks in the area.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
RAPPLEBY2000 said:
Hi back from my hol's,
a week in the cotswolds, in a tiny self catering cottage,.....and...no it was a bushcraft free zone!
loads of touristy stuff with the kids though we did a couple of short walks in the area.
Glad you had a good holiday, it's pretty country up there.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
dang it!
the moment i think things are safe! :rolleyes:

we have been trying to move house for a few monthes now, and don't you know it we can move in the next couple of weeks, so no camping yet.... :yuck:

should be moving to costessey, nearer to lord lurker though i'm not sure that's such a good idea :rolleyes:

i can't really organise a meet up till that's all sorted, as i'm sure you'll understand.

i'm quite busy in the week now though if anyone is planning a walk or meet up i'll see if i can come along for an hour or two.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
RAPPLEBY2000 said:
dang it!
the moment i think things are safe! :rolleyes:

we have been trying to move house for a few monthes now, and don't you know it we can move in the next couple of weeks, so no camping yet.... :yuck:

should be moving to costessey, nearer to lord lurker though i'm not sure that's such a good idea :rolleyes:

i can't really organise a meet up till that's all sorted, as i'm sure you'll understand.

i'm quite busy in the week now though if anyone is planning a walk or meet up i'll see if i can come along for an hour or two.
No worries mate, hope the move goes smoothly.

billycan

Forager
Jan 21, 2006
Sussex
HI all,
I've now finished uni, so i am more flexible and can get home to norfolk much more easily than the past three years, hopefully i can join some of you guys at some point, i meant to ages ago, right at the beginning of this thread. It would be excellent to time my next home visit with a meet up or walk etc. Cheers all, hope the move goes well rappleby.

lord lurcher

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
norwich, norfolk
Be good to have you on my manor mate, if you need a a lift with heavier items you got my no. just ring me and i pop down and give you a hand anytime, hope all goes well though mate

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Cheers for the offer but we already have the whole family helping,
by the way i meta a guy (NOT billycan :eek: ) on tuesday doing conservation, hes' a nice chap! we had a chat about him prehaps joining us in the future. ;)

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
the move has been put back a week or so, the electrician says it needs properly fixing! and the gas man went home with the door keys, so we can't even get in yet! :(

found out it has a garage! yay somewhere big to store my kit in!!! :D

also i did some BTCV work the other day, and i have permission to coppice a specific area for hazel, so if anyone wants some from now till April tell me and i'll show you where! i got a carrier bag's worth of hazel drills!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE