Norway in November?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Off Topic kind of:
When we drove on that road north towards Tynset, south of it, that is where we saw our first wild wolves.
It is a very scenic road. the valley is beautiful.
I had stopped for a wee and a cig, and wife saw a 'German Shepherd' (she told me and pointed it out) sitting maybe 50 m from us, watching us. Except it was like three times the size of a G.S.
I shouted and waved my hands, and it stood up, and slowly jogged away alongside the edge of the forest.

Magnificent animals, I hope you guys get the chance of seeing them in the wild.

Bears? I am sh#t scared of those. Seen the scat many times in northern Sweden.

I used to carry a .357 when I was up there in the north, both in the Army and later as a civilian. spring time the babies have a habit of hiding if they hear you coming. Problem is if you walk between the baby and the mother.

No bear attacks are though registered in Fenno Scandia as far as I know, but tell that to my petrified brain!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
You never, ever hang around a bear kill site to have a look. 400m and keep running is good.
You won't see them until they have a paw down your neck.
You never get between the cub(s) and Momma sow. She will kill you. Not a threat, a prediction.
Our bears can sprint at 50 kph or better. A bicycle on a logging road isn't even a piece of valour.
Our bears are habituated to Bear Spray. The smell means people and food which are the same thing.

Hang ALL your food cache, chewing gum included, 10M up on a spruce branch for the night.
Camp in a group, there's safety in numbers.
Bears figure out very fast that they're up against a whole pack (of humans).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE