North wood 24th - 26th june 2011

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hiya, :)

this meet we will be at upper north wood, (farm end) parking will be on CP1. those who want to can drop off their gear (see map link below) and return their car to CP1.

ok as before, just a reminder of terms and directions.

recently we have had to increase the fees more or less in line with comparible sites. after discussion with Gordon, (the farmer) it has been agreed that the new fees will now be £5 per person per night. this will be pegged for hopefully the next 18 months.

the other important change is going to be, after discussion with 'North Wood Regulars', the introduction of a communal fire.

we feel in order to maintain our supply of free wood it is imperative that we act now. North Wood is gaining in popularity and what none of us want, is to end up in a year or so with a sterile wood. you have left your pitches in impeccable order, no blame is to be attached to yourselves but with anything up to 30 individual fires whether for warmth or cooking, stocks will rapidly dwindle.

To ensure the future of North Wood as a wild camping/bushcraft venue, and to ensure the continuing stocks for the communal areas, the following conditions strictly apply:

•If you want to bring in your own Honey Stoves, hobo stoves, twig/small stick burners and the like, they are acceptable, providing they have sufficient ground clearance or protection to prevent scaring. Pit fires or similar are not acceptable.

•Modified jerry can (or similar) stoves, tent/tipi/lavvu stoves and the like are not acceptable unless you bring a sufficient amount of fuel for your needs for the duration of the meet.

If you require clarification on what is acceptable, drop me a pm.

Wood collected and processed during the course of the meet (aside from small stick/twig matter) is for use in the communal area so that everyone benefits, or in some cases for the use of the farmer.
This is not negotiable, and no blind eyes will be turned for individuals failing to comply with these simple restrictions.

with all the dead wood to hand, i know its going to be tempting to carry on using it for individual fires, i'm hoping this is going to be self regulating however if individuals blatantly ignore this, they will not be invited back.

I hope I have explained my motives for these actions clearly. They have been put in place to ensure the longevity of North Wood as a venue.

were still here on trial so it really is a case of leaving no junk / firescars etc. the only thing we should leave is a good impression, take your rubbish home, there are no facilitys to leave it on the farm. this also applies to leaving rubbish at someone else’s pitch to deal with. If you brought it in, it’s up to you to dispose of it. Too many times others have carted someone else’s trash out. No exceptions, no excuses.
this is a private site, a farmer who i know and who has trusted me, anyone who jeopardises this goodwill will not be invited back. live wood is to be left untouched. under 18s to be accompanied by a parent or guardian, guests or minors will be the responsibility of the person who bought them, a small section on the approach to north wood is sssi, unless otherwise instructed this will be marked and out of bounds, as will a small area adjacent to it which is personal to the farmer, see map link. the gate from the farm into the meadow must be kept closed at all times, if you open it you close it, ok happy head back on!

fees are a reasonable £5 per head per night, pay on arrival access is from 1200, unless we have made prior arrangements to get in earlier. for security reasons the electronic gates will be closed overnight and all day sunday, codes will be given out nearer the meet, possible late arrivals feel free to pm me for gate code. we will aim to vacate site no later than 1400.

location is opposite the belfry golf club on the A4091, OS map ref' SP189962 for those arriving early there is a large layby opposite the entrance, full address is;

Middleton House Farm
Tamworth Road
Middleton,
Tamworth
North warwickshire
B78 2BD

the fields on the approach to the wood are sometimes hired out to a private company. if on arrival there is any activity on the meadow between the car park and the wood, and you need to unload your vehicle, keep to the track, proceed with caution with hazards on at 15mph. and finally for those not familiar with north wood, this link may help...

click on the symbols for more information. oh and if you drag the orange man down to the road, you get a nice pic' of north wood too :D

nearest hospital

Good Hope Hospital
Rectory Road,
Sutton Coldfield,
Birmingham,
B75 7RR

well thats it for now, any questions just sing out

ATB, steve

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Great news Steve. :)

Any plans for projects yet?

please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9

Last edited:

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Great news Steve. :)

Any plans for projects yet?

please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9

hi martin, seeing as were in the top end of the wood im thinking it could do with a little tidy up? theres plenty of prospective pitches to be had with some thoughtfull clearing of brash. plenty of opportunities to try out our sharps! :) entirely voluntary of course. oh and theres that other little bridge that was discussed too...

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
hi martin, seeing as were in the top end of the wood im thinking it could do with a little tidy up? theres plenty of prospective pitches to be had with some thoughtfull clearing of brash. plenty of opportunities to try out our sharps! :) entirely voluntary of course. oh and theres that other little bridge that was discussed too...

Sounds like a plan Steve. I am up for some of that, minus the axe work of course. :rolleyes::lmao:

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
im up for some more clearing and brige building.

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9
3. Karl82 [TBC]

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Oh yeah...:cool:

Nice one, Steve :)

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9
3. Karl82 [TBC]
4. NLW

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9
3. Karl82 [TBC]
4. NLW
5. Andy2112

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9
3. Karl82 [TBC]
4. NLW
5. Andy2112
6. Davey569

Cliv

Forager
Nov 15, 2008
Preston

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9
3. Karl82 [TBC]
4. NLW
5. Andy2112
6. Davey569
7. Cliv

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice one Steve, real crazy time of year for me at work so hopefully I can get out for a weekend of peace...

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9
3. Karl82 [TBC]
4. NLW
5. Andy2112
6. Davey569
7. Cliv
8. Sasquatch & Grizzley Adams(tbc)

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
i'm in :)

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9
3. Karl82 [TBC]
4. NLW
5. Andy2112
6. Davey569
7. Cliv
9. SimonD

Mar 4, 2011
Derby, UK

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9
3. Karl82 [TBC]
4. NLW
5. Andy2112
6. Davey569
7. Cliv
9. SimonD
10. IandP + Junior (Friday/ Sat only)

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9
3. Karl82 [TBC]
4. NLW
5. Andy2112 + the stool snatcher
6. Davey569
7. Cliv
9. SimonD

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9
3. Karl82 [TBC]
4. NLW
6. Davey569
7. Cliv
9. SimonD

Be good to see you and Josh again mate. Its funny you only live up the road but I never bump into you.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
please list your interest below only if you agree
to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the
paste

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9
3. Karl82 [TBC]
4. NLW
6. Davey569
7. Cliv
9. SimonD
11. Tank

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
paste

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9
3. Karl82 [TBC]
4. NLW
6. Davey569
7. Cliv
9. SimonD
11. Tank
12. Andy T (I'll be there providing i dont meet another pratt in a transit).

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
paste

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9
3. Karl82 [TBC]
4. NLW
6. Davey569
7. Cliv
9. SimonD
11. Tank
12. Andy T (I'll be there providing i dont meet another pratt in a transit).

ha! dont tempt fate andy, at least your ok, see you there mate :)

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
paste

1. woodspirits
2. MartinK9
3. Karl82 [TBC]
4. NLW
6. Davey569
7. Cliv
9. SimonD
11. Tank
12. Andy T
13.5 Twodogs

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE