North East

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hello i'm from Newcastle live up near the airport, Ex forces tho a bit disabled now. love outdoors what do you get up to around here I would be interested in a Tab. always check on the North east thread. cheers

John.

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
I used to have a wander along the tyne when i was a bit lighter ( less of a chubber.lol ) from newburn to wylam both sides stopping off for a brew and some scran along the way and watch the salmon jumping and if it was hot id have a nice cold pint at the pub next to wylam bridge before crossing the river and going back the other way.

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
Hello i'm from Newcastle live up near the airport, Ex forces tho a bit disabled now. love outdoors what do you get up to around here I would be interested in a Tab. always check on the North east thread. cheers

John.

wotcha bud, can you still scratch your bum? if so you're ahead of me. get stuck in!
we got a meet in march and the illustrious lannyman shall be showing us how to turn water into premium lager.
i'm new too and talk a lot of toilet water. (saturday beer o clock):headbang:

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
I used to have a wander along the tyne when i was a bit lighter ( less of a chubber.lol ) from newburn to wylam both sides stopping off for a brew and some scran along the way and watch the salmon jumping and if it was hot id have a nice cold pint at the pub next to wylam bridge before crossing the river and going back the other way.

Arnt salmon freshwater fish? the tyne at newburn looks like sewage water :D

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
salmon hatch in freshwater, then spend their adulthood at sea before returning to spawn.
one of my tutors fishes from scotwood (in a stabproof vest) and catches pollack. still tidal down to newburn.

lol stab proof vest. the river tyne is the best salmon river in england and wales with only a couple of better ones in scotland !
you can even see seals sometimes in the centre of toon on the quayside chasing the salmon ive seen one as far up as newburn ! still tidal up to wylam !! At high tide at newburn u just have to wait a couple of minutes before u see a salmon jump.lol
after the spawning in the summer the tyne at newburn resembles a log jam with dead salmon floating down to the sea.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE