North East trip - Photo Heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Lindisfarne Castle is one of those places you look at and think, "That'll make a great photo."

Unfortunately, before this last trip I never seems to actually get it.

It just goes to show that sometimes you need to keep going back until conditions are right.

Bamburgh-Castle.jpg

Bamburgh Castle is just the same, this one taken last year is the best I've got so far because I always tend to go in the middle of the day when the light is in the wrong place.

I think this is because there are such good locations nearby that I tend to favour at dawn instead.

Lindisfarne_sunburst_2_.jpg

Having such a crop of good shots from Lindisfarne this time, I think I must give Bamburgh more of a chance the next time I'm in the area.

ASLAN

Dec 1, 2008
Co Durham, UK
Great selection as usual Wayland; thanks for posting. Thanks for explaining the swooshy water that frequently feature in your photos. Living in the NE the locations are familiar but you've managed to show them in a new light.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Great selection as usual Wayland; thanks for posting. Thanks for explaining the swooshy water that frequently feature in your photos. Living in the NE the locations are familiar but you've managed to show them in a new light.

Swooshy water.....I like that description. :D

The problem is that there are certain iconic locations that are well known to landscape photographers and we often end up in each others tripod holes.

I hope that by visiting often and trying to find new shots, I can get something slightly different as time goes on.

naturn007

Feb 4, 2009
Eaton Bray
Hi,
they are fantastic pictures, difficult to choose which is the best, they are the sort of pictures I would consider buying, well done mate!!

wolfshead

Jun 21, 2008
Kibblesworth
just a thought..... Have you ever looked in to turning any of these into prints, maybe A3 or bigger? I have'nt a clue about the cost involved, but if the quality of these are anything to go by you've probably got a ready made market for them on this site, and I for one would definitely be interested

hammy

Forager
Sep 28, 2004
Pegswood, Northumberland.
Gary those pics are fab.
I took some photies on roughly the same walk a while ago and show how not to take photos brilliantly.

here

A split in half tree
001.jpg

Giant red woods
004.jpg

A reconstruction of a pre historic dwelling that ''time team'' dug up a few years ago.
005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

Dunstanburgh castle
011.jpg

I would certainly buy a print of one of yours.

freespin

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2008
Washington
Stunning Gary.......... thanks for sharing. I am in beautiful Bulgaria at the moment but your pics definately make me homesick!!

Well done.

Regards Freespin/ Gary

Stryker

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2008
Durham
Superb pics Wayland.

Dare I ask, what photo equipment you used, as I'm thinking of giving photography a go. Mainly nature, but with a few landscapes thrown in.

It's really good to see these places in such a new light, as most are relatively on my doorstep.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE