Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Venturesport have been brought by Jarrolds and will move into londin street later this year. So we will be able to check out the tents and by the wife perfume all under one roof.

are they buying the venture sport staff too? hope so otherwise I imagine the jarrolds will know very little about the gear.

sad but I predicted they'd get bought up when blacks went down the pan.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
waiting, waiting, waiting, anyone interested or even bothered with the group?

I know you're waiting for me to say a date please don't wait for me to decide, this ones yours guys! I'll come along if I'm able.

come on guy's some one else plan something, I've been doing it 6 years.

Last edited:

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Im here!
How about a meet at Bawdeswell common twixt Norwich and Fakenham?Its a really nice woodland on an old common with lots of Birch (tapping anyone?)found a fair few polypore's as well.
Not this weekend but next?

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Are we talking Saturday 27th February? If so I should be able to join in for the day if the terrains not to hard going (walkings crud at the moment).
Any more detailed details (if that makes sense)?

Shouldn't be a problem, don't worry mate, if I know Bushcrafters we won't won't be "speed hiking" or walking any real distance!:lmao:

More T-breaks than physical activity usually ;)

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Yep.Thats the place.If you go past bawdeswell garden center(on your right heading fakenham direction)it will be the next left signposted swanton morley(iirc).Travel down that road about a quarter mile and there will be a small parking area on your right in the woods.That'll be the place!The terrain is fairly hilly in parts but these are norfolk hills so it should be ok!Its not that big a place but its big enough.A bimble and a brew in bawdswell?!
And yes, a saturday would be perfect.
The 27th it is then.
Open to all if your interested...

If anyone would like directions and that pm me your mobile number or something.

:red::red::headbang::headbang::coffee:

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Thats two people coming then!
The last time i was there there was a dad and son building a shelter, it looked really good and the dad looked like he knew what he was doing.
Dunno what folk want to do in there..No fires though as its public land and a big no-no!!
Im just up for a bit of a forage, maybe some tapping, birdwatching...stuff!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Meths it is then!;)

Do you know if the common was used to train soldiers on?
I went to a common with a conservation group in the area, and it still has visible undulations on the ground where trenches had been dug in preparation for fighting in WW1, it might be this common.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Maybe, im not sure.There are plenty of undulations and pits there...and its not to far away from Bylaugh where there is a large Air ministry complex.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Meet at Bawdeswell common Saturday 27th Next Saturday!

launditch1
meet at Bawdeswell common between Norwich and Fakenham
Its a really nice woodland on an old common with lots of Birch (tapping anyone?)found a fair few poly-pore's as well.
Not this weekend but next

If you go past Bawdeswell garden center(on your right heading Fakenham direction)it will be the next left signposted Swanton Morley(iirc).Travel down that road about a quarter mile and there will be a small parking area on your right in the woods.That's be the place!
The terrain is fairly hilly in parts but these are Norfolk hills so it should be OK!
A bimble and a brew in Bawdeswell.
Saturday 27th Next Saturday!
Just slightly edited and compressed the info.

Globetrotter is coming too! that's 5 :D

Last edited:

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Ello Tiger!Its a public common so the kids better be on leads and the dogs can run free..:D
Ill going to be there from about 10 onwards.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Ello Tiger!Its a public common so the kids better be on leads and the dogs can run free..:D
Ill going to be there from about 10 onwards.

Hi Tiger Eyes, :welcome1: anyone is free to come along, the more the merrier!
Just remember to have the kids in "old kit" as it could be muddy/wet !
there's no set rules as to kit to bring, I suggest you bring some food/drink, warm kit, and waterproofs for yourself and the kids!
Otherwise bring what you want.

I might bring some of my demo kit if there are kids, they'll love it :D.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE