Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
cool meet guys, sorry to have missed it (helping bro move) Love the short vid too, looks like some pro's there Rappleby!

:eek: nah, just a lot of practice!

the group photo (left to right):

Whittler Kev, (kneeling) launditch1, Crowe, (my son) Benjamin, Globetrotter.uk, and me.

Next time it rain's I'll bring my huge 4m x4m tarp, the 2 I joined together didn't work too well.

Good time had by all! shame about the weather but hey it's the UK!

Looking forward to the next meet already!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:surrender:I saw the Dr the other day :( Having another Hernia op within the next 4 months, then I'll have to take 6 weeks off afterwords! :crutch:

:tapedshut

:bluThinki right at my busiest time of the year! :rant::aargh4::censored:

someone tell me it's for a good cause! :sigh:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi guy's I'm fine, but off-line at home!
I turned on my laptop the other day and nothing happened!
I took it to PC world they checked it and said it was a serious problem with the hard drive! (I'm using the PC at my in laws)
so I'm offline till we get another PC which might take a while.My in laws are retrieving the files etc.
it's all in hand but i'll have to use the library PC's for a while.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Thats happened to me before...switched on our old pc.Nothing.Not even a start up menu!!Just a blank screen.It had decided to forget everything it ever knew!:rolleyes::D

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi Launditch1
back for a short while on in-laws PC, the slowest Laptop I've ever used!
ugh! 10 secs to open any webpage! (even from the same site).

well my laptop has properly died! the fan broke a while ago, (which i didn't realise) and so the CPU fried, it's gone to :campfire: PC HELL!:campfire:

Nice to see everyone else is keeping the group thread active!:(

I've got my pouches all sorted and I'll take a few pics later won't be able to post them till we get a new pc though.:sigh:
PC has to be the way forward, with a laptop you can't swap bit's that have gone wrong.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Hello, how's it going?
Im a happy bunny now...ive completed my set of 44 patt webbing.Looks like soldiers have a smaller waistline than me though!!I have to breathe in to do the buckle up!Ha-ha!
Ive heard only 10% of 44 patt belts were made over 36in..

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hello, how's it going?
Im a happy bunny now...ive completed my set of 44 patt webbing.
wow that's quite a feat in 2010! i have 2 of the waterbottle pouches and a bottle. there was an ammo pouch in hoopers a while back! but thats all i've ever seen.
i have a groundsheet from the era you can have if you want call it swaps for the steel! ;)

Ive heard only 10% of 44 patt belts were made over 36in..
ahem...i think i'll not bother collecting 44"!:eek:
it's probably because it was made for jungle fighting when you'd loose loads of weight .

AAAAAGGGHHH!!!!!! :red: %$£%$^&&&&!!!!!!! having serious Mouse problems on this %^$£"$%^!!!!! Laptop!

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
:red: Just came across Grange woods
http://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepath.htm?lat=52.53068115534562&lon=0.06193029275659559&gz=17&oz=9&gt=2

Its near the March Golf course (on the next bend of the road).
It has a pond, 5 main wooded areas with loads of dead standing wood where the Woodland lot have cut trees down and then left them laying there. Loads of Sycamore and Birch (I don't think anyone has ever harvested any of the old bark off).
A lot of Hawthorn has been put up around the wooded areas so it forms natural wind breaks and the areas are thick enough to camp without being seen,
It says no fires or bonfires so all cooking and brew fires would have to be in containers and carried away, but enough wood up to a foot thick just laying there.
A tiny hole in a birch with a sycamore tap gave me a constant flow into my hand for a quick drink.
I reckon it would be a good place to meet some time over Easter. :drive:
Unfortunately no loos or taps so water carried in.
Anyone fancy it?
3rd April?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE