Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Just trying to think of some things to bring to the table(so to speak)at the meet...Anyone like to have a go at flint knapping?Weave a paracord bracelet?Show me that my firepiston DOES work!?..Looking forwards to this..:D

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Kai: "I got an army issue utility pouch in there for £12 my last one cost me £20 and I aim to get more but not right now a lot of it is pricey I now have my eye on one of the leather jackets"
Kai you have too much money!:lmao: :lmao:

launditch1:Show me that my firepiston DOES work!
Hi last time I used a fire piston i got an ember first time!:eek: (lucky!)
it's a "force/timing/tinder" thing.

I'll bring along my boxes of goodies! :D
and I've never tried flint knapping, I'd love a go!:cool:
Damascus mentioned something about catching bunnies!

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I haven't got enough I want to get some wetstones but are too expensive for the likes of me.

Nip into Thorns Hardware shop and see if they have any whetstones. You don't need fancy japanese waterstones. A fairly fine whetstone or a combination one works just as well if you aren't planning surgery. You can use water as a lube on them too.

Nip into Thorns Hardware shop and see if they have any whetstones. You don't need fancy japanese waterstones. A fairly fine whetstone or a combination one works just as well if you aren't planning surgery. You can use water as a lube on them too.

Thanks for that went on there website and have picked out the one I want not bad at all.

Well looks like I am gonna be uber busy on Friday any one up for a meet say Saturday to Monday? I'm up for one!

Also I can't seem to figure out how to find the hethel site?

well i was busy today and have more goodies except i was a bit thick and went a bit over budget i first popped into thorns and bought a combo oil stone for £6 and some oil £5 and the wooden case thing but hey i have to wait for that.

DSCF0509.jpg

got a couple more books

DSCF0510.jpg

now have more outdoor 'ish clothing

DSCF0512.jpg

and now have a windproof smock got it second hand £15

DSCF0513.jpg

and now have a skeletal webbing rig well was now isnt thanks to me buying webbing pouches prior to getting it.

DSCF0506.jpg

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi Kai, you know that all get's issued for free if you join up!;)

Hi It's looking like I'm going to have to cancel some very serious family stuff has come up :(

very big sorry guys

Globetrotter, Damascus, launditch1, Kai Leingod

Hi Kai, you know that all get's issued for free if you join up!;)

Hi It's looking like I'm going to have to cancel some very serious family stuff has come up :(

very big sorry guys

Globetrotter, Damascus, launditch1, Kai Leingod

damn thats a shame so anybody up for a meet any time this week then? or something similar?

lucky i dont have kids or a WIFE! :S

here is a random question i want to join a running group in norwich any idead's where to look that doesnt involve paying?

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
You can contact either the Norfolk gazelles, City of norwich atheletics club (CONAC) or norwich road runners, unfortunately all have a fee, I don't know of a club or group that doesn't and my wife doesn't know either and she is a member of Conac.

Hope its of some help

D:) :)

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Just picked up on the thread again guys. Shame to hear you've had to cancel the weekend Rich - hope the family is OK. I wouldn;t have been able to make it either as I've a wedding to attend this weekend.

Got back a couple of weeks ago after backpacking Wainrights Coast To Coast walk in 12 days - camping all the way - ahhh bliss! Weather was pretty wet at times but we had a cracking 4 days at the start in the Lakes. This mean't we could take the high level routes.
Walked a fair chunk of the trip with a US guy who lived a dream life in a log cabin in the Annarondachs (spelling?) up near the Great Lakes. Wood stoves, oil lamps etc etc..

Snufkin - didn't realise you were a keen cyclist. I did the Norwich Heart Foundation 100 miler last Sunday week - were you on it ?

I still love me bushcrafty days though ! Here's some Elder whistles I knocked up for my kids last weekend.

IMG_0297.JPG

See ya'll

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
OK are we still meeting and what time? Please addd your names below by making a list. Copy the list then paste it and add your name.

GLOBETROTTER.UK

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
I was under the impression it had been cancelled so made alternate arrangements now, i think a new date next month, so lets look at some dates.

D:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Just picked up on the thread again guys. Shame to hear you've had to cancel the weekend Rich - hope the family is OK. I wouldn;t have been able to make it either as I've a wedding to attend this weekend.

Got back a couple of weeks ago after backpacking Wainrights Coast To Coast walk in 12 days - camping all the way - ahhh bliss! Weather was pretty wet at times but we had a cracking 4 days at the start in the Lakes. This mean't we could take the high level routes.
Walked a fair chunk of the trip with a US guy who lived a dream life in a log cabin in the Annarondachs (spelling?) up near the Great Lakes. Wood stoves, oil lamps etc etc..

Snufkin - didn't realise you were a keen cyclist. I did the Norwich Heart Foundation 100 miler last Sunday week - were you on it ?

I still love me bushcrafty days though ! Here's some Elder whistles I knocked up for my kids last weekend.

IMG_0297.JPG

See ya'll
Good to here from you again. I did the Norwich 100. It was pretty grim weatherwise but I managed 5hours and 22minutes (but I did waste a bit of time in the beginning).
Great job on the C to C. I hope you got that American guys address and can blag a trip Stateside:) .

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Good to here from you again. I did the Norwich 100. It was pretty grim weatherwise but I managed 5hours and 22minutes (but I did waste a bit of time in the beginning).
Great job on the C to C. I hope you got that American guys address and can blag a trip Stateside:) .

Blimey - thats a pretty fast time Snuff! Not sure what my time was - I just plodded round and got the under 8 hour certificate. Mind you we had a works support van handing out Bacon rolls and coffee at strategic points so I had to take full advantage of those!

As for stateside - this guy had done the AT after nearly losing a leg in a farm accident - they told him he'd never walk again. He'd also only got the all clear from Cancer just 1 week before he came over here after a few months of Chemo! However he did say if I ever decided to do the AT he'd do it again with me. All I've got to do now is persuade the wife and my boss that a 6 month paid holiday is a good idea!

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
As I had no response from my emails etc, I guess the weekend is off. so am I (phew) I am heading off for a mega walk and explore. I am going towards acle and ranworth. Watch time space

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE