Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
right whent into hoopers and got a tac vest system only a cheap one for starters its realy awesome and i like it got one in desert camo i'm only gonna have it for bout 2 months then im willing to sell it due to an upgrade im planning on getting a full molle tac system and alll attachments.

DSCF0498.jpg

Has a zip that leads to a compartment for a pistol as shown here
DSCF0500.jpg

DSCF0502.jpg

DSCF0503.jpg

also has plce yoke attachments on the back which comes in handy
DSCF0505.jpg

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Nice well thought out kit!:You_Rock_
what you going to put in it?

Globetrotter I think remembers me having something similar, a "south African vest" a light brown colour much like the dark brown on your desert DPM.

I also had a Black police vest (as used by swat teams).

many years ago i had a Cop vest Like a vest version of a DPM jacket with big pockets.

And i just remembered i have a green nomex USAF survival vest in my survival kit display.

Stuff i liked about vests:
easy to put on take off/ pouches can't fall off/ whilst wearing it you can ,drive and/or wear a rucksack, it's narrower than webbing so you can fit through smaller gaps.

Stuff i didn't like:
sometimes they can be hot to wear(but fine in autumn-winter) / you can't change the pouch configuration/ when you take it off you have to hang it up, as if you put it on the floor the inside can get mucky therefore dirtying your clothes.

but on the whole i like vests but they don't suit me.:eek:

I love the many applications you can use it for this one the pouches aren't removable hence me going for a molle system as an upgrade this will be in swap shop in less than 2 months any one norwich / norfolk gets dibs still cost me £35.

I realy like desert camo for some odd reason I think its because it reminds me of sand hopefully the meet should be good.

I was going to put a poncho in a pouch then a first aid kit then working down multi tool fire kit and tinder then a couple books and so on its bloody easy to fill them also mean I won't need a belt and the rest can easily and neatly fit into my rucksack overall I tink its does a nice big job also the plce is realy cool gonna go in hoopers when the owners back he showed me a bag that I want to get it was basically a 25 litre side pouch on a bergen but was realy awesome also had molle attachments yeah its easy to go waisting money ain't it.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
s_pint-of-beer.jpg

Ah I have your attention! I have rung the land owner and okeyed it
date of camp coming up is 19th 20th 21st June

(that's not next weekend but the weekend after)

At Hethel just south of Norwich. (details to follow)

I'm slightly worried as only a few people have shown interest:( . so I am basing the date of the camp on the info I've been given.

Kai leingod can make the whole weekend I suggest we camp over the first weekend 19-20-21 but meet Paintballvern at the site as a day meet as he can only do one of the days 2nd week (26/27/28).

I'm gonna have to ask the lurkers to come out again...:rolleyes:

HELLLOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! do you want to go on a bushcraft weekend camp?

of course i do i remember globetrotter sending me a pm saying he was going on holiday

i got an e-mail of a lurker i think it was for this could'nt be annythong else

getting some camo gear and other bits and pieces to put together for my trek into the wild for a couple nights getting ration poacks at hoopers and the boss is back!

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I'm working sadly but I hope you folks have fun. And take lots of pics.

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
All being well I will be coming, but I might only be coming for one night. will see if I can sort other things out first. What sort of time on friday would we meet?

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Ill say im coming for sure but life has a habit of getting in the way...

Kai,you ask if £8 is a good price for 10 ration packs??Are they MOD ones?The full box?Well,have a look at how much they are sold for,individually on ebay....

sounds like you got a bargain!

Ill say im coming for sure but life has a habit of getting in the way...

Kai,you ask if £8 is a good price for 10 ration packs??Are they MOD ones?The full box?Well,have a look at how much they are sold for,individually on ebay....

sounds like you got a bargain!

the boss at hoopers say they are new ones and have the latest flavours *shrugs* he said they come in a pack of ten so i guess that 72 hours sorted

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
£8 for 10 ration packs,
that dosen't sound right...
does he mean for 10 meals? if so careful!!! it could be a rip off!

I know he was giving away loads of drinks packets biscuits etc late last year.
he said it was because they were "from out of date rations" (they don't really go "out of date" i had a shopping bag full for £2) it makes me wonder if he's doing that but selling the meals for a higher priice...hmmm.

you get 3 foil sealed meals in a single 24hr ration pack (breakfast, lunch, dinner + soup, drinks, snacks etc)

I think it's worth speaking to Damascus,
he used to buy the same rations for cadets for around £2 or £3 per ration pack!
I think from a cadet suplier (connections with the army i think).

so for £8 (£2 x 4)you'd get 4 full ration packs with 12 meals! (not just the meals).

I reckon if we all decided to buy a couple each he'd be know where to get a bulk supply for much less cash!

Always remember surplus shops need to make a big profit as they are in effect selling 2nd hand stuff!
Army rations is one area they always seem do well!;)

Just to put it in perspective, you can get a Tesco's own brand tinned meal for less than £1

It just sounds like there's a con going on somewhere as he should be able to sell rations for more than that, especially with all the money troubles!

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
8 quid is the going rate for one 24 hr MOD rat pack not a box of ten, We bought straight off the MOD no middle men through the ATC at about £2 per 24 hour box. If you can get me 10 for £8 quid get me a ten box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be coming to the meet, only the Friday night all day Saturday:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: , commitments on the Sunday.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi guy's just had a PM from BorderReiver sadly Hes' not available this time but he says there's a wood near him that might be suitable for a meet.

perhaps we can meet there soon (kings lynn way).

Right thanks for the advice you know me if there's a meet and I am off I'm always up for it.

I remember going into hoopers and the manager over the phone saying he was up on business over from last year *shrugs* all the prices are negotiable so haggling pays off I got an army issue utility pouch in there for £12 my last one cost me £20 and I aim to get more but not right now a lot of it is pricey I now have my eye on one of the leather jackets.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE