Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Hi guys, a friend of mine is looking for colourful bird feathers for a project, so if anyone can lay their hands on some for free please may I have some.

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Date for the diary

Sat 28th April
Norfolk showground for the game and country fair. Chat at meet in Hethal re a meet up for a drink at the fair. Chimney sweep and I have tickets.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Went over to Hethel this morning all sorted for next week either location, so who's coming other than those on the list, now don't be shy................

Heads up at Pound land set of four guy ropes ideal for a tarp!!

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Chimney sweeps coming too. What do you want us to bring?
I'll bring the snorkers onions and rolls. Bringing a new guy as well, may even bring Alfie.

Damascus said:
Went over to Hethel this morning all sorted for next week either location, so who's coming other than those on the list, now don't be shy................

What's the driving like Dave? or is it a walk in again?

Is this the current list?
Damascus
Whittler Kev (see you there bringing snorkers, cheese, onions and bread)
Spenny (Coming with WK)
Globetrotter.uk
munkiboi182
norfolkjohn

and ...........

rabbitrex

Nov 1, 2011
Norfolk
Hello, I'm new and not been paying attention so not quite sure what is going on! Is the outing on Saturday suitable to bring along kids to? Mine are 5 and 8. Where are you going? I might come along if it sounds good ;)

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
taverham, thorpe marriott, norfolk
hi rabbitrex. this is my first meet so i may be wrong, but i think youre fine to bring your kids along,(im sure i'll be corrected if im wrong) i know globetrotter is bringing his son. from what i hear the site is pretty good with some great places to exlplore to entertain the littleuns. i wont name the site as i think its kept a secret but its west of norwich.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi all

First off, Kev, with the wet weather (Wot rain you say!!!!) I think it will be the chimney site (GT make sure he has his brushes) as the corner bit is somewhat soft where you got stuck last time!!!!!!

Yes for the snorkers, those the same old Tesco finest I hope?

I will bring some french bread and something, Gt will provide desert as always, I wonder what little gem, I await in anticipation!!!!!!!

Hi Rabbitrex, I don't personally have an issue with you bringing your little uns with you, as its your first visit maybe you should see for yourself before they come along as we will have plenty of meets during the year for them to have some fun, GT's lad is a lot older and has been before. where we are going on Saturday has a lot of hidden holes and disused air raid shelters, so bring a torch and you can decide if you feel its ok for the two, I don't want to spoil your day, just be safe and you make a educated decision. The other site we use is very safe with no hidden hazards which we can show you on the day.

Meet at Thickthorne Park n ride, this is just off A11/A47 roundabout on the 1172 slip road heading for Hethersett, I will be at the top end of the car park in a grey Freelander from just after 9 and leave about 9 30 to the farm, the site is not secret as Monkiboi thinks just a little off the beaten track to find.

Look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday, those making there own way see you in the farm yard

Kind regards

Smoke magnet

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Hi all

I Hi Rabbitrex, I don't personally have an issue with you bringing your little uns with you, as its your first visit maybe you should see for yourself before they come along as we will have plenty of meets during the year for them to have some fun, GT's lad is a lot older and has been before. where we are going on Saturday has a lot of hidden holes and disused air raid shelters, so bring a torch and you can decide if you feel its ok for the two, I don't want to spoil your day, just be safe and you make a educated decision. The other site we use is very safe with no hidden hazards which we can show you on the day.

Kind regards

Smoke magnet

Seconded, thirded and forthed :rolleyes:
Not so much a secret as it's Dave's mate that's good enough to let us play there with sharp pieces of metal and make fires ha ha ha

Last edited:

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi everyone

Just a reminder, mainly for the first timers, remember to bring your own water as there is no facilities at the farm..

Ta!!!!

Smoke magnet

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE