Nordic Whittler

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Evening folks, this is a little knife I thought I'd better show before I scratch it any further using it and because a certain member from the Emerald Isle became rather insistent I show a couple of pic's, its a little out of my fulltang comfort zone but rather than see good metal binned I thought I'd have a go.

The handle block is Gombera or Brazilian ebony with a bone colour Corian bolster dovetailed on, the blade is 67mm and the tang 78mm, I've given it a good try out on kiln dried Oak, Beech and bits of Wenge lurking in the workshop and am happy it works well.

The Gombera you will see from the first pic takes about a week to oxidize to the brown shown later hence the constant urge to pick it up and use it before its done, it will infact continue to a rich Chocolat noir couleur in another week.

Your thoughts as ever are welcome

Toby

knife782.jpg

knife789.jpg

knife792.jpg

knife793.jpg

knife794.jpg

knife795.jpg

knife796.jpg

knife798.jpg

knife791.jpg

Thanks for looking

Ps Robbi, thinking about a curly birch with ebony bolster for the next?

Last edited:

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
that is one beautiful tool mate !

nothing personal but your butts look amazing and speaking from experience feel great in the hand ! :)

and as for the next one...........you're a bad man !!

Robbi

"founder member of the TP fan club."

( here's a thought, ever thought about doing a rounded spine that would be easier on the thumb for push cuts ? i have one and it's so comfy to use compared to the standard flat / squared spine )

Last edited:

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
now that is simply gorgeous, would make a superb neck knife as well looking at it

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
that is one beautiful tool mate !

nothing personal but your butts look amazing and speaking from experience feel great in the hand ! :)

and as for the next one...........you're a bad man !!

Robbi

"founder member of the TP fan club."

( here's a thought, ever thought about doing a rounded spine that would be easier on the thumb for push cuts ? i have one and it's so comfy to use compared to the standard flat / squared spine )

The spine is not sharp on this one, I leave bigger knives with a crisp spine for firesteels and scraping purposes but could round one over more if you like...........;)

now that is simply gorgeous, would make a superb neck knife as well looking at it

Cheers, a very good thought indeed, its much lighter than a fulltang so could be ideal as a necker:)

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
Yeah that's a sweet looking knife there Toby. Very well done. Having handled some of your knives I know that one will just nestle in the handlike it was meant to be tere

So Robbi, where do I sign up to be a member of the TP fan club then? :lmao:

Faire attention mon ami à le 'blarney' en bas.......Certificat d'authenticité fourni avec chaque couteau:bandit:

Lovin' the dovin'...

Very, very nice.
Thank you people:)

send me £20 and i'll issue you a certificate mate :)
:lmao:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
send me £20 and i'll issue you a certificate mate :)

Better yet can you call by the next time you're visiting Toby at the annual AGM aka "Gasp at his excellance" convention and pick up the cash from me then? I live about 10 miles from Toby's house so it's not exactly far out of your way.

Thanks for your understanding. I didn't want to risk the subscription postage getting yodelled.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE