Nordic walking poles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
My wife got into this. She also has a tendency to take over when I ask her a simple question :rolleyes:

Check out www.nordicwalking.co.uk. They have a really good review on different poles with recommendations. I've got the Gabel Stride Inv-Alu.... although I got mine online from Italy as they were unavailable in the UK. These are adjustable at the top of the pole but the main length is fixed - which appears to be the main recommendation for poles if you don't mind not being able to shorten them. NW-UK is also good for being able to locate instructors and groups in the area... you need to do a 4 week course to 'qualify' in nordic walking (i.e make sure you re doing it correctly). Many offer a free taster session. My instructor used Leki Prestige - which are the generally considered the best of the reasonably priced poles. Be prepared to be paying AT LEAST £50 for a pair - don't go for the cheaper ones, they really are not worth it!

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I think it was the Bangles who sang walk like an Egyptian, not sure who did walk like a Norwegian though....

Rob

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Do yourself a very big favour and put Pacer Poles into the search engine of your choice; have a read through Heather's website and see what you think; best thing I ever did for my posture and hips/knees.............

No connection etc.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I think it was the Bangles who sang walk like an Egyptian, not sure who did walk like a Norwegian though....

Rob

Think it was the Crazy world of Arthur Brown...................wait, might have been Professor Longhair and his Shuffling Hungarians though, can't remember now :)

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
I've had a look at the pacer poles, quite intriguing. Not so sure about the bulky (but functional) handles and space saving while on the tube.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've had a look at the pacer poles, quite intriguing. Not so sure about the bulky (but functional) handles and space saving while on the tube.

The handles appear quite bulky in the pictures, but they're actually better for storage and packing than most as they're as good as flat and take up no room. There are also 8mm holes with stoppers in the top of each of them, and I've got a piece of 8mm ally bar bent into an "A" which slots down into each side giving an A pole for tarp use; this is a huge advantage for me as I now find center pole shelters very awkward and restricting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE