Nomad hammock kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jimmy.S.

Nov 25, 2012
Edinburgh
Hey folks, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the nomad hammock kit?
If so, how would you rate it?
Looking into getting a hammock pretty soon and have found tonnes of reviews on the DD Hammock, but nothing on the nomad. I'm no expert when it comes to hammocking, any help would be great :)

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Seen this set pop up on on various sites, the tarp is too small IMO. But thats just going off the photo...

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I had a Nomad hammock years ago, it was okay but a bit of a hard lay similar to the DDs etc

The Nomads Land XXL is a very different beast though and well worth a look if you want a simple gathered end open hammy.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
The Nomads Land XXL is a very different beast though and well worth a look if you want a simple gathered end open hammy.

Very fond of my Nomand XXL and its seen years of service in all weathers without a mark.

Jimmy.S.

Nov 25, 2012
Edinburgh
Cheers for the info folks :) I'll have a look into the xxl, still at the looking stage of buying at the moment. I've been looking at the nomad kit on the website of my local army surplus/ outdoors shop. They stock DD kit also. Still new to the hammocking gig, normally just dive in a one man, i think theres only about 200g difference between the one man and nomad set-up. If the nomad has a 7-7ft tarp it gives me a cross section of over 9ft-9ft, maybe sufficient?

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Cheers for the info folks :) I'll have a look into the xxl, still at the looking stage of buying at the moment. I've been looking at the nomad kit on the website of my local army surplus/ outdoors shop. They stock DD kit also. Still new to the hammocking gig, normally just dive in a one man, i think theres only about 200g difference between the one man and nomad set-up. If the nomad has a 7-7ft tarp it gives me a cross section of over 9ft-9ft, maybe sufficient?

I used a larger size basha for years which was around that size and a great tarp but only just covered my hammock. The 3x3 meter is so much better for keeping the weather out and providing good dry space.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE