"Nite or Traser"watch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stickbow

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2006
Northampton England
Hi All
I am thinking of getting a new watch, it has to be mega tough and very easy to read in total darknes, I am looking at either a "Nite" or "Traser", can anyone give me the pro's and con's of these.
Thanx

"Have fun, shoot a stick"

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I've had my Traser Commander for about 8 years and it's still as good as new,if and when it ever dies I will be getting the same model again,there great watches.

traser for me still havent managed to scratch or dink the glass

tho i did flood it and wreck the entire insides while diving after changing the date and not screwing the crown cap down properly :rolleyes:

luckly the Autherised Traser Watchsmith lives not far away and replaced the internals completely for £28 and when he does any work on mine like the battery change its all fully pressure tested to retain the 200m rating not what you get at the local market or even jewelers " nah mate cant garantee the seal once teh back comes off Mate"

so if your Commander does die give graham a call :D

ATB

Duncan

Check this thread mate.

I've had a Nite for over a year and it's taken a hammering - it still looks like new and keeps perfect time.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23186&highlight=nite+watch

Best watch I've ever had.

Cheers,

Phil.

FROM LINK ABOVE:-

Well I've had my watch for about a month now and I have to say that it is without doubt the best and most practical watch I have ever owned. It keeps spot on time - to the second over a 4 week period!!!

I've really abused this watch since owning it - dropped it, stood on, left it covered in sea water, scrapped the glass face on a rock, etc. and it looks like it did when I first took it out of the box: -

watch_1.jpg

And here is the proof that it has been field tested, me in Islay getting water from our "gypsy well": -

Islay_10.jpg

The numerical markers and the hands glow like no other watch I've seen - very clear and easy to read. In fact it's easier to tell the time when it's dark!

I've used this watch in salt water whilst fishing and foraging on the Islay trip and was concerned that the salt would get under the bezel and cause a problem - but the bezel moves freely and is as good as new. I also really caught the glass on a rock face scrambling down to a bay on Islay, thought I'd smashed it or at least badly scratched it - but there is no mark whatsoever!!

The strap is rock solid and very comfy - it has a kind of safety clip that ensures it won't come undone.

It looks great and to be honest it has replaced my rather nice looking and trendy Diesel watch.

So marks out of 10 it would get 10 in my books - I simply love it and it's bomb proof for bushcrafting and the outdoors.

There is also a discount code that can be used on at http://www.nitewatches.com which is BRCH001

Cheers,

Phil.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Ive the TX10 they are 95 quid usually 160 quid from Nautilus in Grenwitch london, if anyone wants one PM me, no connection with the shop may i add, i make you right Phil they are class watches, i wear mine all the time and when i have 2 omega seamasters thats a good advert eh lol ;)

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
I have a Nite MX30, not the latest model, had it for over twelve months now and its put up with a hell of a lot and still looks as good as it did on day one

TobyH

Forager
Apr 4, 2006
Deepest, Darkest Suffolk
tho i did flood it and wreck the entire insides while diving after changing the date and not screwing the crown cap down properly

luckly the Autherised Traser Watchsmith lives not far away and replaced the internals completely for £28 and when he does any work on mine like the battery change its all fully pressure tested to retain the 200m rating not what you get at the local market or even jewelers " nah mate cant garantee the seal once teh back comes off Mate"

so if your Commander does die give graham a call

Yep, agree, great service.

I've got a titantium traser and it's a phenomenal watch. Had alot of diving watches in the past (for scuba diving!) and this one has been by far the toughest. No scratches on the face despite working on my jeep alot and banging it. Illuminated dials are very bright at night and obviously don't fade over night. If I ever manage to break it (unlikely!) I'll definately get another one. Titanium on is very light for the size of it compared to stainless, which makes it alot more comfy...

Steve K

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2004
Eastleigh, Hampshire
I had an S1201L (like the current 5900) with a leather and then rubber strap which I was very happy with. One day I noticed that the second hand was going backwards.

I thought I was imagining it at first. I mailed the watchsmith in the new forest. He had only seen this a couple of times over the years. The only solution was to replace the entire movement, or get a new one.

I'm now the proud and very happy wearer of P6500 with a NATO strap. I wear it all the time.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yep, i've got one, been wearing it every day for over 4 years. Great watch that i've abused no end and the glass is still perfect. The only sign of wear is the white numbers have worn a bit but it's not a big deal at all. Nato strap has held up very well as well.

Lovely and light, tough, good time keeping, great illumination etc.

If you've got the dosh it's a good watch.

wish i had the titanium i have the stainless one with blue face looks at home in a DJ or a Dry suit
my mate has the same one but the all titanium and its very lite :rolleyes:

i cant wear it in bed as it wakes me up if i look at it :eek: even glows tru a Duvet and can read with it once your eyes are acustomed to it i guess the Nite ones have the same Beta lites in the dial looks similar

ATB

Duncan

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
I'm on my second Steel case Traser. My guess is that the first one died from hammer drill vibrations at work. They've shrugged off everything else I've done to them though. I like heavy watches on wide straps, having not got on with the NATO strap I did a leather one myself:

SANY0010.jpg

If you like light and have the money the Titanium option should be a great watch.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Nite GX40 for me, original strap lasted less than a year of heavy use but I replaced it with a paracord one I wove from instructions on the net (can't remember the site). Very good watch though by far the best I've had!

Hammy734

Sep 6, 2008
Portadown, Northern Ireland
As much as I would love to be able to afford a Traser or Nite branded watch, I can't so through the powers of google (isn't it just great!) I have stumbled across the Uzi Protector watch...

It comes with four little tritium vials in the important places, 12, 3, 6 and 9 on the dial and one on the minute hand and the final one on the hour hand.

I was wondering if anyone here had one of these nicely priced time pieces? (around £55 GPB)

There is another one in the range, the Defender I think, and it has the little vials at every numerical increment around the clock face - but its a little bit dearer, still out of my price range!

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated! Sorry to hi-jack the original thread...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE