Next years magic biscuits

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Just finished making up next years magic biscuits :)

I know thay have been mentioned before but with this bad weather every thing helps ,

The purists wont like them but to me " the need for fire outweighs how you get it " .... these are clean to pack and don't go off .

you can add allsorts of witchcraft to them but theres no need really ,,, keep it simple :D

Here we go ,,

Get some cosmetic wipe we found on the last trip the oval ones seem to work better bigger and more heat ,

Asdas finest , ( Don't rob the Wifes it makes them mad ,,,,:( )

Melt some candles and dunk the pads ,

Place them on a drying rack don't worry about the ripples you can sort them out as they cool if you want to,

100 Magic biscuits ready for next year ,

The old wicks make a handy fire starter in there own right :)

Here the end result

Here some other tips

http://www.kuenzi.com/tips_e.htm

Twodogs

Last edited:

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
Loving the Prawn Crackers:)

That's one heck of a lot of firelighters. Do you cut a slit in them from the centre out to the edge and open them up? It makes them stand up the way (if you know what I mean).

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Not really mate you would need to use more than one , me thinks

I just happen to have a load of candles that were binned at work you could use any old candles

Twodogs

Tim_B

Dec 8, 2013
Ipswich
I have just done the same with all the xmas candles which were half used and being thrown out....very easy to do....even tested a couple to make sure i was doing it right (beng a newbie at this) and they are very easy to use :)

cheers
Tim

Craig88

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2012
Kingston Upon Hull
nice one i do this with a beeswax and Vaseline makes for great and long lasting fire starters. Ive also taken to dunking quickly and leaving an edge not as saturated or as close to not saturated to be able to get better fibers to light faster.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Made up a couple of dozen yesterday using ends of some tealights, very impressed, worked a treat in my woodgas stove :)

Cheers, Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE