:newbie:

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bogeyman

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2007
Heemskerk, the Netherlands
Hello all,

My name is Rob van den Boogaard, 28 years of age and I live in a town called Heemskerk, situated in the coastal area in the Netherlands.
I’m a member since February 2007 and was a “forum voyeur” long before that.
It felt only right to become a member and contribute to this forum.
An introduction is therefore long overdue. :sadwavey:

About my bushcraft skills : not much.
The area where I live and grew up in is somewhat bushy and in the army I have learned some experiences in bivouacking, that’s about it.
The passion for Bushcraft was already there I suppose, but it wasn’t until I watched an episode of Ray Mears (who else?) in September 2006, when I heard of the term.
Searching for this term on the internet led me to this (and a dozen) other sites and from there on I purchased a number of books (especially liked Mors Kochanski’s book and Wilderness Survival by RM).
I also bought all of the RM DVD’s (and downloaded Tracks) and I’m planning on ordering Mors Kochanski’s DVD’s .
Furthermore I’m busy with assembling a kit and planning for a day or two in the woods in the fall to practice what I learned so far.

Eventually I would like to Bushcraft in Canada for a week or so, so that’s going to be my goal. :Thinkingo
I really like the northern woodlands, especially around the fall / beginning of winter.

(Most people will / are call(ing) me crazy, but I’m one of the 0.01 % of the world population that favor the winter time above the summer.
Most people suffer from winter depression, but in my case it’s the other way around.) :werd:

Well I suppose that’s it, I hope to learn a lot from this forum and contribute where I can.

Sincerely,

Rob van den Boogaard aka Bogeyman

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Welcome in. You say you've been lurking about for a while, so you'll already know how friendly the place is. Hope to see some nice pictures of your countryside sometime.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello and welcome!
I am another winter lover - to the extent that for the past 3 summers I have leadexpeditions in South Africa during our summer/their winter......
Enjoy the site.
John

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Hi and welcome... I'm a massive winter fan myself... dragged my girlfriend to Russia in December and northern Finland in February... she's getting her own back though... South Africa in October :eek:

I'm sure you'll enjoy here.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hello Rob, and welcome here....I bet you like the winter, cos you get proper snow, we just get this stuff called slush, here and its very depressing....

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Hi there Rob. Welcome to the smoky fireside. Prefer the summer myself, but winter is growing on me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE