New Year Meet at Swyn's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
My daughter wants to come as well but she is only 4 1/2, do you think she will be too young? She does love the woods, fires, animals etc...

We are only popping in for a couple of hours on the Saturday, was hoping we could maybe join the tracking but im concerned that she could possibly spoil any sightings etc. You know kids are like, at the most critical moment they have a tendancy to announce things in a loud voice like "daddy, I need the toilet"! Just dont want to spoil anything for others.

ATB, Jon.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Thanks to all those who came this weekend and made it so enjoyable!

Good food, good company and a real range of traditional English weather!

July is a possible next time?

Cheers from Swyn.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Swyn

Thanks for all the hard work you put into getting thus weekend on for us - very much appreciated.
We wont hold the weather against you

Cheers all

Nick

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
Thanks for letting me come along Swyn- i really enjoyed it, nice to meet some people relatively local to me. I'll definitely be down in July!

Nathan

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Here are some of the pics of the pit roast - Swyn definately has this nailed

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

May post some more later

Cheers

Nick

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
Thanks for setting this up Swyn. It was good for an aspiring bushcrafter to meet some of the real McCoy! ;)

Joel

Yep, I will second that. What a top bunch of blokes all willing to share their knowledge with us new boys. Fantastic!

Look forward to meeting you all again in the future.

ATB, Jon.

(I was the guy in the wellies who appeared briefly on Saturday!)

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
Thanks for a top weekend, just gutted I had to cut it so short;)

Was a shame you had to go so early mate- the loan of the sleeping bag was a life saver- kept me warm on the second night, i left it with Rod, hope to see you around some of the other meets?

Nathan

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Had a great time. Thank you to everyone who did all the really hard leg work!

My appologies for the quality of my demo:p

Nick, I think you missed the most important photos from that hangi sequence. The eternal question of creating a good hangi is how to get a good fire to burn in a hole in the ground using only the resources immediately to hand?

These rare photographs show the secret of Swyn's success!:notworthy

IMG_0528.jpg

To do it properly of course, you must use a genuine Bushcraft leaf blower :D

IMG_0530.jpg

:D

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Thanks to all who was able to support the Help for Heroes Kit Sale. We raised £60. many thanks to all :You_Rock_

See you the the next one!

Shazzbat! :cool:
Good effort and good reminder Rod

Cash in the post tomorrow (honest)

Cheers
Nick

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
i would like to come along too but transport is a bit of an issue but hopefully it wont be too long untill i can drive :drive:
we have one of those leaf blowers at work! but ours is made by stihl not bcuk lol i dont like to use it much thow as its not kind to your hands and i dont fancy getting whitefinger:eek:

pete

abushcrafter

Nomad
Aug 23, 2007
Chilterns
Dam dam :aargh4: dam:rant: I mist this thread because I have been more on computer forums to help me with the ultimate computer :rolleyes: and I was looking at the old thread!

So this don't happen again for me or any one else I could set up a RSS feed and a email update thing, Would people like that?

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
The next bush hoot is in July folks! My insurers came up with this abbreviation and I think it will stick! (Bush hoot!):D

Swyn.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE