New Year Meet at Swyn's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
For those who are coming, here's an update.

I've chopped another truck load of firewood and the venison is now hanging ready.:D I am hoping for a dry weekend, I don't mind the cold but could do without the damp!

I hope the sale goes well in raising money for the Help for Heroes fund.
I'm looking forward to meeting those who have not been to this Hoot before.

Swyn.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Swyn

I am sorry ill miss this one - the venison sounds a good as ever - have fun & see you laster in the year I hope

Nick

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
Thanks for a great weekend :D

After trying Steve's Dave Budd spoon knife I arrived home thinking how do I explain that I now NEED one to SWMBO:rolleyes:

Result, she said that I should get both sizes as and I could have them as my birthday present :cool:

I think arriving back with a spoon or two for her helped.

It was nice to meet some new people and see others again.

Once again thanks for all the time and effort put in by everyone.

Cheers

Grebby

Oh, and just to underline how bad my memory is, that duch oven with the griddle lid, where did it come from again:confused:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just to say thanks to Swynn, Rod and Andy for a very enjoyable weekend. goodjob Lovely weather, great food and even better company. I'll post the very few pics I took once I get round to downloading them.

Looking forward to the next one :)

After trying Steve's Dave Budd spoon knife I arrived home thinking how do I explain that I now NEED one to SWMBO:rolleyes:

Result, she said that I should get both sizes as and I could have them as my birthday present :cool:

I think arriving back with a spoon or two for her helped.

Glad to help you out with a good spoon knife Ian, you won't regret getting the set.

Oh, and just to underline how bad my memory is, that duch oven with the griddle lid, where did it come from again:confused:

It's Unbeatentracks. They're currently offline at the moment but there's a contact number on the info page

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
A big thank you to all those who came along. We were so lucky with the lovely sunny days even with the sunday snow!

Swyn.

VirusKiller

Nomad
Jul 16, 2007
Hogsty End
My thanks as well Swyn, and a special mention for the thought-provoking walk around the estate. Great to meet everyone; hopefully I'll see you all at the summer meet.

Joel

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Had a great weekend Swyn. It was good to catch up with everyone.

Here are a few piccies of the weekend. Apologies for the quality as I used my phone camera.

Hangi prep.

Photo0093-1.jpg
[/IMG]

No sap rising yet.

Photo0101-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Dinners ready.

Photo0110-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Father and Son Bow in action.

Photo0126-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Andy managed to make a bow for his son Josh and it only took him a couple of hours to make it.

I did not get any pictures of the Atl atl so if anyone has any please post them up.

Here is a link to the rest of my pictures of the weekend. http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc177/seorasgma/Swyns Feb 10/

Cheers

George

Rod

On a new journey
Just done a tot up from the kit sale: we raised £115 for Help for Heroes. Cheers :You_Rock_

Many thanks to all for buying lots of used, tired, knackered & manky kit again. We raised £15 more than last year: so cheers for digging deep when times are tough, its very much appreciated. I will send a cheque off this week.

cheers

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Thanks Swyn and Rod for a great weekend :cool:

Really good to meet up with everyone, old friends and new faces!

Josh had a great time all weekend too and can't wait to be out again :rolleyes:

The bows are superb fun and looking forward to getting out with them again. Thanks Seoras! Great pics too.

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE