New Year Meet at Swyn's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Next bushoot is in late September, the date is as yet to be decided as I'm on a traffic management course slap bang in the middle of that month! I will PM those who expressed an interest. Usual pit roast and will do pheasant stew too. Plus my one to make this time is a plank chair.

Swyn.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I'm going to post a new thread as folks may find wading through all the old stuff a little confusing.
Things are moving towards another New years Hoot coz time flies and I'm getting behind in work.
I think the new dates will be Jan 2010. Watch out for the post as and when I've consulted my diary....and wife!

Swyn.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I closed the site to the general public, not to invited events such as the Hoots, Green School activities and film locations. Aren't we lucky to have such a super site, still!:D

Swyn.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Hello to all those who have kindly sent supporting messages and good wishes.
I must apologise for the delay in posting dates but other things dictated what and when I could host another Hoot.

The dates are from 1500 hrs Friday 19th, Saturday 20th & to 1700 hrs Sunday 21st of February 2010. I have spaces for 30 adults and children. Those who don't know where the site is please say so and I will PM you.

I will do this on a first come first served basis.

£30-00 for adults week-end and £15-00 Children (under 16) Those under 10 are free.

Cheers from Swyn.

SKI

May 14, 2008
KENT
Hi Swyn, if it's ok i'd like to tag along. Just let me know when and were you won't the money.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Just a little message to those who are asking about payment. I am happy and able to offer paypal payments if you like, but please consider your commitment BEFORE paying. Otherwise it is £'s on the day. Thanks.

I am happy to refund money up to ten days before the set dates. There is always a lot of behind the scenes work and I don't want to be madly rushing around re-organising refunds and re-allocating spaces when I should be concentrating on actual organising the week-end itself!:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Swyn.

Rod

On a new journey
Hi Swyn,

I'm in and will be happy to do an activity or two :D . Swyn I may mention this to a couple of hand selected families as a day-out idea, if that is OK with you?

Also - to all reading this: would there be any interest for another Help for Heroes Fundraiser Kit Sale? This worked well last year. You donate any manky old choss you want to part with to the unsuspecting BCUK fools who come along (put a sensible price on it please). We sell it, and donate all proceeds to H4H (who got £100 Last NY). Everyone's a winner, several people went away with some absolute bargains. If interested PM me with a list of your donation: I will put a sale list up in due course.

cheers all

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Hi Rod

Hope you're well. I'm planning to come along with my 6 year old son, so should see you there!

I haven't got much in the way of kit to get rid of, but I'd be happy to chuck in a donation for any H4H fundraiser.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Swyn,

I'm in and will be happy to do an activity or two :D . Swyn I may mention this to a couple of hand selected families as a day-out idea, if that is OK with you?

Also - to all reading this: would there be any interest for another Help for Heroes Fundraiser Kit Sale? This worked well last year. You donate any manky old choss you want to part with to the unsuspecting BCUK fools who come along (put a sensible price on it please). We sell it, and donate all proceeds to H4H (who got £100 Last NY). Everyone's a winner, several people went away with some absolute bargains. If interested PM me with a list of your donation: I will put a sale list up in due course.

cheers all

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Hi Rod,

Brilliant idea!

Last time we raised a surprising amount in smiles and cash. Yes, good to see you are ahead of me on this (as usual!)

I've put aside the firewood for that W E and provisionally mentioned the venison to the 'Keeper' Keith. I'm still doing the usual pit roast and would like to taste your now famous stew! Must remember to ask my dear wife to prepare the material for the wrapping.

I will also try and make a cooking tripod out of reo bar. I have a picture of one in my head, but that's no good until it's made!

Any other suggestions from visitors would be welcome, ie, fresh bark to make pots....carving wood for spoons.....Hazel lengths......(we are doing a lot of tree work at the moment so can cut stock in advance)
Not forgetting some short lengths of scaffold plank to make a demo plank X chair....

Cheers,

Swyn.

Rod

On a new journey
Hi Swyn,

Please add 1 adult and 2 kids to my "party" (there may be more). These will be camping over.

I'd be happy to do a knife safety session for any of the kids/newbies attending.

We could do some atlatl making & throwing also for anyone who fancies a go?

Breadmaking, storytelling (anyone know any goo ones), axe safety: we could do any of this

cheers for now

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
I wouldn't mind joing in this post-christmas fun....
Where exactly is the site?
I'll be coming from Somerset, if anyone else is interested in coming from my end of the country i can prob offer a lift.

J

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Firstly, Hi jaysurfer!

You would be very welcome and I do know some of the Somerset folk from other meet-ups. Remember this is aimed at families and we go to bed early!
I will PM the location if you like and you can make your choice.

Rod....as ever thanks and please 'bring em on'!

Dark Horse Dave, will be good to see you and youngster!

Swyn.

MK-MIKE

Dec 2, 2009
Milton Keynes
Hi Swyn,

I'd like to pop along if you've still got space.

Being the newbie, would you be able to PM me with details of the location and the such-like.

Many thanks

Mike

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE