New Year Meet at Swyn's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Hi there MK-MIKE.

Please don't worry about being a newbie! Just come along and enjoy our relaxed week end.:bigok:

I've sent you a PM too re details.

Cheers from Swyn.

MK-MIKE

Dec 2, 2009
Milton Keynes
Hi Swyn,

Thanks for putting me at ease :)

I've got your PM about the location. Please don't hesitate to shout if you guys and girls need any help setting up etc. I'm all to happy to lend a hand.

Look forward to seeing you all.

Mike

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I'd like put my name down for this as well if there's space please.

........and you'd be very welcome!

Look forward to meeting you!

Cheers from Swyn.

PS. Will PM you more information. S

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Hi jambowl.

You will be very welcome! I hope you can find where you are! PM re more to follow

Swyn.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Hi jambowl,

Plenty of trees to hang from, mind! Tent may be less draughty if it blows. We are on the 800 foot contour (which folks forget) so colder than you would imagine.
Tent or tarp....Your choice, just be warm!

Cheers,

Swyn.

Arri

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2010
Bucks, UK
Hi Swyn,

newbie from Bucks here. Although I'm very new to the forum I'd be very interested to attend your Hoot if there any more spaces for two (I'll try to drag the missus too).

I'll also send you a PM to confirm the location.

Cheers,

Arri

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Arri there is a PM on its way to you. Please feel at ease with us and just enjoy the weekend.

Cheers,

Swyn.

PS I'm a little bit amazed at the counter now standing at over 3000 views! :wow1:

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I have a vague itinerary Arri!
My main task on Saturday is to get the pit roast going and help will be needed there. One is operating the BCUK special leaf / fire blower! I am also going to make a plank chair as a demo.
Rod has offered to do a tracking workshop and there will be the firelighting (smoke making) hour! Plus making a shelter of woodland debris. Ah...Felling a tree too. That was fun last time. There is a picture of us doing that somewhere. It did fall where it was supposed to!
There will be a woodland walk via the 'pond' through our magnificent 'cathedral' Beech stand. Last time we tried out 'Millbank bags' there with George. I will also suggest trying to tap a Birch tree, just in case the sap is rising...You never know! Bring an empty plastic milk bottle in case!!
Someone else wants to try some carving.....There are also four simple knots that could be shown to aid camp craft....
We have a huge scrap pile on site, a bit like scrap heap challenge......George....:D That always raises a smile too.

That's not a bad list to start with.....Eh?

Any suggestions welcome too.

Swyn.

Last edited:

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Yes Venison Sat eve for those who like it! Plus Rod's stew and boiled veg/soop if it goes to plan.:D

Swyn.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I have containers for personal cooking fires, but request that the wood for those is scavenged.
There is a big social and cooking fire under the parachute. I have gathered and stored good firewood for that and the pit fire.

Swyn.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE