New website

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
Hi, as some of you may know I've recently been attending a one day a week web design course, and have just finished rebuilding my website.

For the time being I've used the images from my old site, but plan on changing these soon to newer ones with better photography from my girlfriend.
I'd love to hear peoples opinions on the site, how easy it is to navigate? should I add or remove anything? problems loading, that sort of thing.

the link www.bushblade.co.uk

Your feedback is much appreciated.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
splitting hairs mate but it says humans are bereft of tooth and claw.
don't know about you but i've got teeth lol

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
splitting hairs mate but it says humans are bereft of tooth and claw.
don't know about you but i've got teeth lol

You've not been to Huddersfield on a Saturday night then ? :rolleyes:

Looks great Will, I like the colours and the layout is easy to read and not too much going on.

Steve K

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2004
Eastleigh, Hampshire
Hi Will, I like the site it looks good and is easy an more to the point obvious to navigate. What is the course you've been doing and how would you rate it?

Cheers
Steve

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
Hi Will, I like the site it looks good and is easy an more to the point obvious to navigate. What is the course you've been doing and how would you rate it?

Cheers
Steve

Thankyou. The course was through the local college adult learning bit, it was one day a week for four weeks for the beginer part, and I'm due to start the advance part next week.
Its very good, I think it would be very dependant on the teacher you get but ours is good and I would highly reconmend it for anyone wanting to do similar.

grantdan

Forager
Feb 5, 2010
South Wales Valleys
Its just a hobby business for me at this stage and I don't keep any stock to sell, I just make to order so no prices as yet as it depends on what I'm asked to make. Thanks for looking :)

so does that mean its only the 2 shape knives you make or are you willing to build to requirements? (obviously nothing too fancy, just a few differences to the drawings shown).

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
so does that mean its only the 2 shape knives you make or are you willing to build to requirements? (obviously nothing too fancy, just a few differences to the drawings shown).

Yeah I do make to customers designs too, there is one other model I make quite regular and thats a 3/4 scale version of my 01 model which works as a neck/pocket carry knife.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Back to prices: Some vague idea of costs or perhaps previous sales would be a good idea. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that if I can't see a price, then I probably can't afford it. That may be still be the case of course as I've no idea what you're likely to charge for a basic knife using the cheaper end materials, but you may be putting off potential customers who would otherwise place an order.

How about a "Many people have asked why I don't list prices, this is simply because our knives are made to a standard, not a price. However, as a guide, our most basic knives start at £xx (or £xxx)" section?

Cheers,

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
Back to prices: Some vague idea of costs or perhaps previous sales would be a good idea. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that if I can't see a price, then I probably can't afford it. That may be still be the case of course as I've no idea what you're likely to charge for a basic knife using the cheaper end materials, but you may be putting off potential customers who would otherwise place an order.

How about a "Many people have asked why I don't list prices, this is simply because our knives are made to a standard, not a price. However, as a guide, our most basic knives start at £xx (or £xxx)" section?

Cheers,

Good point, much appreciated.

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Top notch for a one day course :)

I peeked into your source code, there are always so many different ways to skin a cat.

I like the result, clear and legible navigation etc. And I like the knives too!!

ATB & keep going!

Mike

PS if you're interested, a teriffic source with a great archive is http://www.alistapart.com/ (no connection yada yada). Easy to read articles on every conceivable aspect of web development.

armie

Life Member
Jul 10, 2009
The Netherlands
Good looking website Will! Clear navigation, background does not make the text unreadable. And those photographs... high class!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE