New type of hand cart

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shindig

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2013
Scotland
I saw this today on Farcebook. Might be interesting to those who's choose not to carry a large rucksack.

http://www.trwheel.com/

e96a512ad01dc4aedf1161e86c2ec1c1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

Well propped up shindig.

An interesting concept/prototype. Good for the beach/flat terrain. I've been using bog standard wheeled tool bags for the same purpose for years but not with quite the same load capacity - but also not the weight that the frame/table of the Freewheel either!

It is also an area that has periodically raised its head in the military world with framed rucksacks that have an axle tube and large off-road wheels attached.

I've even come across a civvy attempt - perhaps tracks are the answer! :)

Shopping Trolly.jpg

And one of many alternatives -

wheeled rucksack1..jpg

No Bishop, I thought about it too - I reckon a couple of sets of rollers attached to the frame around the large hollow wheel perhaps.

Wheel.jpg

An all woman company? Why no mirror attachment and curling-tongs rest then? Only joking ladies. :lmao:

Next phase - an electric motor!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Could of done with that on a recent trip. Instead we had a two wheeled afair and it was a nightmare on rough ground.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Interesting design.

Ah the wheel is a cylinder, thought might have been a barrel.
A barrel would could be a walking washing machine.

Or maybe a cylinder with a barrel inside, so can either lock them to roll together, or just the outer cylinder rotate.

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I use one of these (I actually own 2 after getting an extra one as a warranty replacement due to a failure of the first one as a bike trailer), they suck as a bike trailer hahaha the thing nearly killed me cornering by rolling on itself and throwing us all into a roadside ditch, awesome loaded up as a handcart though with roll top dry bags and it's big soft inflatable all terrain tyres, currently planning a Cairngorms visit dragging one along

burley-travoy-bicycle-trailer-p17675-74640_image.jpg

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Also is it possible to make a sleeping mat, that's light and comfortable, yet durable enough to be a wrapped around a wheel for a smooth ride.
2' diameter wheel would have ~6' circumference.

Might need a cover, so mat remains relatively clean.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Got to be a source of used conveyor belts that have 6' length usable for a wheel tread.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE