New Toy , but SWMBO won't let me have it :(

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
taverham, thorpe marriott, norfolk
start building up a massive pile of kindling and twigs for the initial test and leave it somewhere really awkward. then when she demands you get rid of them say you will just as soon as you have a honey stove to burn them in. if shes weak willed she'll give in and let you play, if shes stronger than that, then you're gonna have to clean it up and get to work on sorting out the household heirarchy and take back the trousers. blackmail, works a charm for me :)

Well as soon as she went to work and the kids were in bed, I thought to myself a little look wouldn't hurt. :rolleyes:

Went through to kitchen as I'd left parcel on the bunker<-(worktop for the non-scots) and it was gone, she's hid it , evil evil woman , how could she.

Ahh well 11 days to go :naughty:, sure I can find it in that time.

Cheers Andy

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... I'd left parcel on the bunker<-(worktop for the non-scots) and it was gone, she's hid it , evil evil woman , how could she.

Places where 'generic men' should learn to search first:

1. Where the washing and cleaning liquids / powders are stored.
  2. Where instruction manuals are kept.
  3. In or behind 'chick-flick' videos / DVDs.
  4. At the bottom of the washing basket.
  5. In the linen / airing cupboard

And, if you get desperate, check through your kit ~ because this could be a pre-cursor to 'I told you that you don't use x, y , z often enough! Why don't you make space and sell some bits?' :yikes:

youngbushcrafter

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2011
Scotland
haha poor you! but im going to be mean:
bushcraftphotographer

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Well can't find it :( . My daughters have both told me to behave and wait for my birthday and that's from a 4 & 8 yr old. lol looks like I'm waiting then, shamed by my kids what next.

:lmao::lmao:... you'll only appreciate it it all the more.

In the meantime get all the tinder and wood you need ready prepared in a nice dry pack placed strategically by the back door so there's no delay in firing it up when you do finally get it :rolleyes: :)

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
Don't bother wait, I have learned you only lose; I wonder if women enjoy watching us squirm, be a man give in, the Prime minister does it all the time

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
Buy another one to play with.I go to work,I work hard and I earn money.my money to do with what I like.I'm lucky I'm not married or have kids my girlfriend does and see she doesn't go without .

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Put her on bread and water from ALL angles until she gives in :nofeed:

And, if that don't work tell her you going to take a mistress :rolleyes:

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
It'll be worth the wait bud, as mentioned on here near the start I had this dilemma with an underblanket at Xmas and an axe at my birthday and it makes is so much sweeter :D

On the plus side you are getting an awesome bit of kit, I chop and change all the time but the honey stove is definitely one of if not my favourite buy, don't go camping without it.

getting a bit antsy about it now, :) . I now have 6 small food bags worth of cut up kindling sitting at the back door and she won't take the hint. thinking of leaving some charcoal as well with the bag open as she won't like the idea of the dust going over her kitchen :naughty:. I must admit I'm just a big bairn when it comes to birthdays always been the same, but the adult side of me sees her point. I'll just ignore that side though and keep annoying her..lol

cheers Andy

Hi folks, birthday went very well.
As well as my lovely new stove(which I've not used yet,due to the rain), the lovely wife got me a nice single malt(which I'm suffering for this morning ), my Dad and my mother-in-law gave me money, which was promptly spent on to hook/spoon knives and a CS trailhawk. So I now have some other new shineys on there way to me.

All in all I'm a happy bushcrafter:D, just need the rain to stop for a little while tonight to test the stove with some wood and if it doesn't, looks like I'll start it up in the kitchen with my tatonka meths burner. The stainless steel burner goes well with the stove, I'll get some pic's up when I get home.

Cheers all

Andy

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE