New Toy , but SWMBO won't let me have it :(

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all,

Swmbo let me buy a Honey stove for my birthday as I've wanted one for a while, it arrived today and she won't let me have it until the big day on the 24th :(, tried to explain that I would neeeeeed to test it ,but she won't give in.

C'mon folks help me with reasons to get my grubby little paws on it, the folks at work won't help they just say I'm a big bairn and should wait. :eek:

But all I can think of is I have a new shiny stove to play with and it needs to be used.( lol I can hear it calling to me, from home).

Andy

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
ha ha. :p

006storeaklugen28.jpg

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
i had the same with my underquilt for crimbo it came a month before and i was nt allowed it.

its like mental torture they use against us :(

tell her you only have a week to send it back if it does nt work so it needs to be field tested :rolleyes:

iHydro

Apr 11, 2012
Digby, Lincolnshire
My wife is exactly the same. Unfortunately she has said that my wild camping "fad" needs to be funded out of cash that is separate to the pay-check. So I'm car booting every worldly possession to kit out me and my lad! Not exactly being withheld, but definitely in the torture vein of things!

udamiano

On a new journey
Tell her "All the other boys, are allowed to bring their toys" Get her some chocolate put in a place where she can see it all the time, then say she can open her's if you can open yours.
given a choice like that my misses wold capitulate faster than a french girl with a chocolate addiction LOL. :cool:

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Wait till she's not looking then swipe it and play with it.....forgiveness is easier to get than permission, even so, you're a BUSHCRAFTER damn it! A night on the sofa is walk in the park compared to sleeping outside :lmao:

workingdog

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2012
northwest uk
HELP...... im stuck here in the woods with a new Honey stove and dont know how to use it have heard you have one?can you set it up an send pics before i starve?NEED PIC URGENTLY getting cold and hungry......................did it work?

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
Turn the power off to the cooker -make out its broken ,then your lass is snookered for making the dinner :) simples !!.......... Then you could fire up the stove and save the day !! :) unless you have to cook the meals in your `house`that is ........ snigger!!

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
... Andy in my house my missus thinks she's the boss and I'll let her think that, it's easier that way lol

Aye - you and the rest of the nation. We have a conspiracy going. lol.

You could try the tactic of saying "All the other cool kids do it!"

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
You know, I never have any trouble with the Unfair Sex....

<Checks inside trousers...>

Oh, no, I have just realised why.....

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Man up, its only eleven days to go......... next time however order one yourself and hide it in the shed, for a while before bringing it out and saying, this old thing had it for ages, cant believe you havent noticed it before!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Oh, no, Teepee, When going into battle with the Unfair sex, I never take anything smaller than IBMs

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
10 days 46 minutes....10 days 45 minutes....10 days 44 minutes....10 days 43 minutes....

Good job the clocks don't go back now :lmao:

You are not planning to cross the international date line this week are you?

kawasemi

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE