New torch advise

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
I'm looking for a new torch that will provide the best light output for approx £35 that is around 6" long with a tail push button.

It's intended purpose is for airsofting (a bit like paintball) room clearing, and it needs to light some big rooms & very long corridors. Ideally 1 setting for a bright long throw and another for a short wide spill. A strobe setting might also be helpfull, but isn't absolutly necessairy

Any suggestions would be very appreciated, and thanks again for the great advise I have had previously in this section of the forum before :) (I may be becomming a torchaholic....!).

Last edited:

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Costco do a 2 or 3 pack of Techlite Lumen Master tactical lights for around £14, I have a few and they are great, especially as the cost means I don't cry if I lose one!

Jan 15, 2012
essex
£35 is not much for what you want, you could get somthing like a 2xaa fenix ld20 but not sure about a mount for a gun, you would have to check to see if they do one for the smaller flashlights. if you want a lot of light what it sound like your better of with a 2xcr123 light what getting a mount is no probs.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
A police tech led lenser are designed for this very purpose. Had to replace mine with a h7 as the batteries leaked and destroyed the battery housing.

They can be got quite cheap now too I think.

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Look on ebay or similar for a 'Ultrafire 501b' - they come in various specs, most with cree bulbs. you can get a replacement tail cap with a pressure switch for your forestock, and various gun mounts for them. Total package will come under £25 if you look around.

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
You'll pay out the eyes and ears for a setup like the pros use. If you happen to want to splash out though, Surefire is the way. Must be the most solid, reliable gun and handheld light manufacturer out there, but they just cost cost cost. In my opinion they're worth it in terms of quality, but not for the batteries and because it's something you could so easily lose.

Or something...OLD SKOOL BABY! Maglites are the shiz.

SASmaglitethumb.jpg

There's tons of forums out there dedicated to discussing torches and I think there's even one for budget lighting solutions somewhere.

Torches like 4Sevens, LED lenser, budget lights and other Far-Eastern crud just don't do it for me. If you're going to get Far-Eastern crud, make sure it's got a lifetime warranty.

Timbo

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2010
if you're after a Fenix theres a discount code 'flash15' will get you 15% off on www.edcgear.co.uk until Sunday includes Zebralights too but they aren';t any use for a gun mount

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE