New to Bushcraft - Seasoned camper...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hammy734

Sep 6, 2008
Portadown, Northern Ireland
Hi, I have only just stumbled across this site... shame on me I know - but better late than never I guess...

I'm 27 and have a good few years experience behind me in camping, mostly in the Mourne Mountains in Northern Ireland. Bushcraft for me has only ever been experienced by watching Ray Mears on the tv or more recently searching the internet...

So I am of the inclination that why don't I put into practice what I have an unquestionable interest in... and better yet combine it with camping! (As probably many of you already do!)

So hopefully over the next short while I can get some insight to the equipment and knowledge I will need to help me out in the field - starting firstly with whittling down my options for a new Bushcraft knife... So my journey begins here...

Thanks to everyone in advance for all your help!

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Hi
I think your story will be familiar to a few of us on here
Knifewise
Have a search on here for ideas Have a look on British Blades
if you are serious you would be crazy not to consider the one elma has for sale in the makers market right now
If thats too much at this stage then as usual try a Mora which you cant go wrong with and always makes a great little second knife if you move on
Enjoy

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Hello & welcome to the forum.

I think quite a few on here started as more "conventional" campers. read th ethreads, attend a few local meets and your knowledge and skill set can only get better!

Simon

Hammy734

Sep 6, 2008
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have spent a bit of time on the site already before registering just reading up on different bits and pieces, really enjoying what the site has to offer and wish only that I had found it ages ago!!

I'm hoping that in gaining a bit of knowledge through bushcraft I can reduce what I currently carry in my rucksack into the mountains and add to the enjoyment I already have when up there!

Hammy734

Sep 6, 2008
Hi
I think your story will be familiar to a few of us on here
Knifewise
Have a search on here for ideas Have a look on British Blades
if you are serious you would be crazy not to consider the one elma has for sale in the makers market right now
If thats too much at this stage then as usual try a Mora which you cant go wrong with and always makes a great little second knife if you move on
Enjoy

Thanks redandshane. I have taken your advise and looked at the knife elma has for sale and have pm'd though not specifically about that particular knife...

And thanks everyone else for the welcomes, I feel right at home already!

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
One of the first bits of advice I got on here (recently!) was get a comfy computer chair, I havn't yet, I have got back ache though ! There's just so much to read, learn, ask,...

Welcome.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE