New to bushcraft. Having trouble finding locations.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 9, 2014
London
Hi

I live in London and recently went on a Truways Survival 3 day weekend in Hampshire with some friends.

I had a great time and have tried bushcraft, well under a tarp with a nice fire in the woods, on a private estate.

I’d really like to know about other land owners in the London/Bristol/Dartmoor/South Wales area who would be open to having a small group of people practising Bushcraft techniques and wild (legal) camping.

I’m finding it very difficult to find decent woodland locations in the area I’m in.

I’ve been doing a few walks over Dartmoor. And whilst beautiful, I’m less into the hiking and sleeping on a windswept more. I prefer in a forest with a nice fire.

Looking forward to speaking with you all.

HB

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Its the holy grail that we all seek and unless you are lucky and or persistent its tricky to get access.

Best advice I can give is get to some local meets and speak to people. Ask local land owners and see if you can help out first of all and gain their trust.

If you think about it a Land owner puts a lot at risk for little or no reward. He lets you use his land, his resources such as firewood etc with the risk of you burning the place down, upsetting his neighbours, telling all your friends and having people trespass, damage and steal. All for the sake of a fiver a man per night?

I bet you are not like the folk I mention above but he has no way of knowing this, until he trusts and gets to know you which is the key.

Either that or its North of the border.

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
Ey up and welcome along matey, I can imagine finding somewhere for bushcrafting in Londonium is quite taxing . . . :eek:
I like the username . . . :)
Take care and all the best in finding somewhere fella.

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello and welcome!
I have access to a private woodland in West Wales - near Cardigan - and hold meets there ... any interest to you?

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Keep an eye on the forum meets section, and pop along to one or two. You'll soon pick up some useful tips.

Oh - and welcome to BCUK!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE