New SAK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Looking for a new SAK for an EDC. I like the look of the alox modles but never seen one in the flesh so to speak. I have a champ at the mo but its a little too big for the pocket. My other folders are locking so not quite legal.

I like the look of the alox farmer, does anyone have one and can/will the comment on it.

Cheers john

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I can thoroughly vouch for the farmer.

Main cutting blade is a tad thicker than the norm.
Great saw.
Awl is the right place for use.

Get one.

Mine is an edc.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
It's an alox soldier with the addition of the saw blade. Amazon have it for £21.95. Took a look at one on my local stockist "Cobbler's corner" in Swindon (the chap's also a shoe maker hence the name - it's not some weird sort of cojone museum - he's a good guy so google him for a phone number to order) and it's identical in build and feel as my alox soldier, very nice, solid and as with all victorinox knives well put together.

Trango

Feb 1, 2011
Europe
Got the alox Farmer. Best SAK I've ever had by far. Every single function makes sense and works flawlessly (superb saw, knife, drill). Much more sturdier than the regular red ones, just a tad heavier, feels really good in the hand. It's a thing of beauty too. You will not be disappointed.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Yep If its Alox you want then a Farmer is a great buy And I agree they are rather attractive
I have 3 SAKs which are regular users
Farmer,Camper and Forester all with saws
Careful with SAKS as they can become addictive

Jacknife

Forager
Aug 27, 2005
Somerset
The Farmer is a very good knife, but as I seldom need a saw I prefer the slightly lighter to carry Pioneer for EDC.

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
My wife has a Farmer (oo-er) and the only thing I don't like is the key ring bit - it doesn't feel quite comfy in the hand. Apart from that it's a perfect EDC. I have the Alox Soldier which I love and use daily. Really well thought out knives these two, so go for it.

Magentus

laro13

Nomad
Jan 21, 2010
The Netherlands
Anybody knows where I can find a red vic. farmer?

I like it a lot more then the silver one.

victorinox-farmer-red-alox.jpg

cheers, Jasper

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Just need to find my local supplier and get one ordered. Thanks to all who posted and offered there thoughts.

Cheers john.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
Anybody knows where I can find a red vic. farmer?

I like it a lot more then the silver one.

victorinox-farmer-red-alox.jpg

cheers, Jasper

There's black and also orange floating about. We only get silver in the UK, but all the colours of the raibow on alox knives in Europe. You could try dropping a line to James at Swiss knife and tool (www.swissknifeandtool.co.uk) as he sometimes gets some real oddities in his small stock. He's a nice guy to deal with too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE