New Ray Mears Series

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I don't think he's done anything worth watching since Tracks. He's the Bill Oddie of the bushcraft world.

As you know better why not ask if you can be his technical advisor in the future? ;)

Looking forward to watching this. Good to see him moving on and developing...he's done the bushcraft stuff and did it very well; time for a change.

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Its so not what Ray does best

I only managed to sit through 1 episode of the last series he did

There was always something unique about his approach to the wilderness now he's just a clone of all the other wildlife reporters

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Looking forward to it.
I enjoyed the first Autumn watch episode last Fri too, so a cracking night in. Spot of QI after that I believe.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
What a disappointment. He's doing wildlife and not discussing the merits of bag or something or other. I for one will not be watching. Sort it out Ray.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
"Sort it out Ray" lol, sort what out? He's done bushcraft, go on you tube and see him do it again if you want. Let the bloke move on.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
"Sort it out Ray" lol, sort what out? He's done bushcraft, go on you tube and see him do it again if you want. Let the bloke move on.

I think we lost something in translation there. (my sarcastic tones didn't filter through)

Hahahahaha! would the bag be evolved or man made?

Maybe a pouch made from a Kangaroos scrotum to keep all his munnnneeeeee in.

Last edited:

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I enjoyed this one. The demonstration on prepping tinder from fungus cleared up a lot of confusion for me. Seemed a very quick half hour.

Dave

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I saw this at last, having recorded it and really enjoyed it.

The reason Ray switched to ITV is that he felt the BBC had him stereotyped as the "Survival" man and weren't keen to go in a different direction i.e. wildlife. Of course, you can argue that it was the BBC that gave him the global publicity, but he also has to make a living and do what he feels is right.

The trouble with ITV of course is the ad breaks; in a nominal 30-minute slot I bet the programme is actually only about 20 minutes. It's almost going back full circle to his "Tracks" cameos, but having him on TV is a welcome return.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE