New national anthem for UK and England

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Obviously Vindaloo by Fat Les should be England's anthem and the Welsh and Scottish anthems are already fit for purpose but what rock n roll tune should replace God Save the Queen as the UK anthem.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Billy Conelly had the idea of The Archers theme which I quite like. So saying the auld punk in me thinks that the Sex Pistols version of God Save The Queen is pretty darn good.
So saying I'm a Royalist at heart so I like the version we have now.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
A battle cry sort of thing such a the the Frenchies or the yanks seemlike a better idea, so 'War Pigs' or 'Iron man' by black sabbath, that stadium favourite 'another one bites the dust' from queen has to be up there, or one 'step beyond' by madness. Never really liked land of hope and glory or jerusalem, they're a bit too artistic for the national anthem

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
It'll more likely be the birdy song. Altogether now.. Dida dida dida duh...

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Tubthumping..

[video=youtube;3Zs9_HxCEns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zs9_HxCEns[/video]

...which always reminds me of a particularly entertaining weekend in Newcastle.

Based on Billy Connolly's observations about national anthems, England would never lose a sporting event again.

:)

Last edited:

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
This is a subject that exercises me greatly and any movement resulting in the replacement of our current oh-so painful DIRGE will see my support.

Even if it results in something short of the Gold Standard I consider Sverige‎, sung by Nicolai Gedda in 1965, to be.‎

Last edited:

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
The acid test is can it be sung at a football match, will it set the blood coursing through the veins and will everyone join in if someone starts singing it in a pub.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Billy Conelly had the idea of The Archers theme which I quite like. So saying the auld punk in me thinks that the Sex Pistols version of God Save The Queen is pretty darn good.
So saying I'm a Royalist at heart so I like the version we have now.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Yep you can't go wrong with flower of scotland, repelling longshanks. Long live Mel Gibson

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
The acid test is can it be sung at a football match, will it set the blood coursing through the veins and will everyone join in if someone starts singing it in a pub.
Aye I suppose it should be cheery so as to keep the fans smiling as their team gets knocked out before the finals again! :lmao:

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
one alternative suggestion was HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT: "National s***e Day" but I much prefer "Joy Division Oven Gloves", very cheery and uplifting

[video]https://youtu.be/JEag0ss9pFU[/video]

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
As the National Anthem is about the monarch of its constituent parts it is not the English anthem but universal to any that accept her as monarch. But, we should have a national song that can be sung without the cries of racist that accompany flying our national flag.

I like Rose of England "Beyond compare"

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
As the National Anthem is about the monarch of its constituent parts it is not the English anthem but universal to any that accept her as monarch. But, we should have a national song that can be sung without the cries of racist that accompany flying our national flag.

I like Rose of England "Beyond compare"

Just re-educate the folk who think that the English flag is racist....

Last edited by a moderator:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE