• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster
Hi !! ,:) new to this forum I v not done bushcraft for yrs been very busy ect but was competent at shelters,fishing,bowdrill fires years ago I have pics of this and will get back into it all when I'm free I'm going Trout fishing on Friday so i will upload my catch n cooking

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hi Spirit Fish.

As Tony has told you elsewhere, you need to upload your photos to a photo hosting site and link to them, or you need a paid membership in order to simply attach them here. Also, as a new member your first few posts must be manually approved before they appear on the forum. You were not giving enough time for your posts to be reviewed and approved before posting another picture question in another thread.

Regards

Chris

• Angry
Reactions: Spirit fish

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster
That's ridiculous why would I pay for a bushcraft forum this isn't the essence of bushcraft is it ? I personally use the bare minimum in the outdoors no gear just a knife n maybe a fishing rod, seems this is a business not somewhere for true sharing I'm leaving what a joke

• Wow
Reactions: Madriverrob

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
There is absolutely no reason that you should pay for using the forums, you're not being forced to do so in any way, no one has pressured you to do so. We have many members here that don't subscribe and enjoy their time here.

It's interesting though that you want something for nothing and that because you're a minimalist bushcrafter you should be accommodated by others paying for your wants (in this case to post pictures) who do you think pays for the servers, software, maintenance, time etc etc that keeps a forum running?

We don't sell your info, we don't manipulate your experience and monetise you, we hardly advertise anything, we don't push membership etc. All so that people have a Bushcraft orientated forum to call home no matter what their financial situation.

Those that do help support the forums are appreciated and they generally do so because they value them.

If you're proud of using the bare minimum why are you upset at not being able to post images?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I should also point out that photo hosting sites like Flikr offer free hosting for quite a few pictures, which can then be linked to any forum you like (such as a fishing forum, if you become so interested).

Tight lines and happy trails.

Chris

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
That's ridiculous why would I pay for a bushcraft forum this isn't the essence of bushcraft is it ? I personally use the bare minimum in the outdoors no gear just a knife n maybe a fishing rod, seems this is a business not somewhere for true sharing I'm leaving what a joke
Just use Photobucket or Postimage, they’re free and dead easy to use. This forum didn’t used to have a direct upload feature and even full members had to use those hosting sites until relatively recently. I still do for many of my pictures.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've linked the rules and regs into the Intro forums so they're up top, but in reality they're not going to stop anything like this thread from happening even if they're flashing like a beacon....

Reactions: crosslandkelly

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Is it legal in the UK to run around in the woods, naked with just a knive between the teeth?

If so, I would like to go there and try it out next February.

Here in Germany they surely would lock me away sooner or later if I do that.

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Or if you access the forum via tapatalk on your mobile it will let you upload images...I've been doing it this way for years now.

Welcome to the forum, fellow fly fisher here.

ATB,

Allan

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Madriverrob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE