new long term camp (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adam_myers

Sep 25, 2011
durham
Got out at the weekend to test out some gear including my new gransfors brucks small forest axe and what better way to try it out than some shelter building. :D

Desided to move camp to a new area and build a nice lean to shelter with fire.

IMG_0091.jpgIMG_0105.jpgIMG_0098.jpgIMG_0106.jpgIMG_0067.jpgIMG_0073.jpgIMG_0081.jpgIMG_0122.jpgIMG_0127.jpgIMG_0130.jpg

This will be my new permanant base camp for this year.:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
id love to make a shelter... but im scared if I build one, return to it and its been smashed down by the local idiots. How do you go about this?

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
No wonder you had a canny night its a cracking shelter.shame i found out to late to come with you :(

I'll let adam tell the story but the woods belong to his school ....hope i have n't made people to envious :D

adam_myers

Sep 25, 2011
durham
The land is owned by my school, 40 acres worth, I'm quite lucky to have full use of it on the condition that I look after it.
It's right in the middle of no where almost not a house for about a mile or just over the only people to pass through are hunters which usually to busy to notice I just have to hope it stays up and if not get building again.

The whole thing took about a day and a half that's without time taken to collect fire wood and do other things put together quite quickly.

c0nna

Jan 26, 2012
Durham
Yes, that's very nice, well from what I can see pics are really small for me because i'm not a full member yet!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Yes, that's very nice, well from what I can see pics are really small for me because i'm not a full member yet!

Your level of membership shouldn't affect how you view the pics.

Try clicking the first picture then you can view each one full size by clicking next

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE