New Lens, so excited!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Hi Guys,
i don't normally post much on the photos thread. For the last 10 years i've been using an old sigma 50-500 (pre os) and a 1980s nikon 300m 2.8. Never been able to get super sharp images, no mater how hard i tried. Tripod, different settings, all sorts.
Anyway, just traded them in and bought a new sigma 150-600. Mind Blown. Here's the first pic i took, straight out of the box, hand held, in the garden.
_DSC4474.jpg

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Hi Guys,
i don't normally post much on the photos thread. For the last 10 years i've been using an old sigma 50-500 (pre os) and a 1980s nikon 300m 2.8. Never been able to get super sharp images, no mater how hard i tried. Tripod, different settings, all sorts.
Anyway, just traded them in and bought a new sigma 150-600. Mind Blown. Here's the first pic i took, straight out of the box, hand held, in the garden.
View attachment 67189
Yep, got one myself in Nikon fit. It’s difficult to fault for the price compared to other manufacturers. A very nice lens to use :)

Reactions: baggins

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
As my old tutor would say 'always invest in the glass' (actually, I think he used the word crystal).

Old lenses develop 'fog' on the internal elements - it's hard to see but enough to soften the image. I have some really nice old Olympus lenses (1.2, 55mm etc.) that are beyond useless now because of the internal haze. You can get them refurbished but the cost is prohibitive.

Nice pic. !

Silverclaws2

Nomad
Dec 30, 2019
Devon
Very nice !

I myself when I can afford seek to move back to primes for the simple reason zoom suck in air and when one lives in a damp part of the country damp air means fungus and I have lost two zooms to fungus in the last fifteen years but never before when I didn't live a soggy part of the world. Oh and there is another Nikkor zoom that got full of sea water when I caught a wave, mind the camera drowned too to cause me to 'retire' the D70 and purchase a D300.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE