New Jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrgoodfellow

Feb 3, 2013
liverpool
Man lifes so complicated these days spent hours looking for a new jacket and im just confused as to what the best option would be, id not had a Dp like the buffalo system before and i cant get my head around not wearing anything underneath it and that the shell isnt waterproof! I mean do they realy keep you warm regardless of this?
I like the Ridgline monsoon 2 which i understand is more like a regular waterproof jacket that needs suitable layers underneath.

I walk alot with the dogs and on my own, and i plan on doing more camping this year any advice on whay might be better for my needs would be appreciate who would have though it would be so difficult to decide, i guess choice/variety is a double edged sword.

cheers
mark

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
By all means wear a base layer under buffalo clothing and a waterproof shell over.

Wearing their stuff against your skin might be optimal but certainly not the law. As for being wet, if there is a quick shower or if i'm going to be going home soon I would not bother with a proper waterproof but if you're expecting real rain, throw one over.

I have no experience of the ridgeline though.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've always worn something under my buffalo. Its been soaked through while out walking, but it keeps you wrm & dries from your bodyheat. I can recommend both the buffalo special 6 & the ridgline monsoon, i have both :)

Rob

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
sorry to break in to the thread but i was going to put up the same question about the ridgeline monsoon 2 I've got one and was wondering what to wear under it for warmth help please regards dave

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
I'm not a massive fan of over the head coats as I tend to get quite hot and don't like the battle to get it off, I've had a montane extreme smock full zip version for a while but I got a larger size so it can be worn over a top and its very good, I wear it quite Alot, my allround coat which is the one I'd keep if I could only ever have one coat is my M65 field jacket by alpha is very tough don't Have to worry about brushing past things or fire like with the montane and with the liner is very warm although quite bulky, neither are totally waterproof but that dosnt usually bother me, my coat for bad weather is my dan cam smock from endicotts which is a awesome waterproof and also comfy, there were some group buys on here if you want pics, good luck

mrgoodfellow

Feb 3, 2013
liverpool
thanks for the comments who would have thought buying a new jacket would be so complicated, spotted another one last night the extreme field smock they look good aswell, if i had the choice id rather have a jacket type as oppossed to a smock as due to easy of getting on and off, am going to write a soshort list and see if that helps will also go and try some on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE