New fabric stockist heads up for the DIY'ers.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I've used these guys in the past for odd bits. I just checked in to see what they had and noticed some new interesting stuff, including some great looking camo material for tarps.
Plenty of 2oz odd coated nylon too.

UKfabricsonline.com

No connection etc

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
You're a bad man Pete, shame I spent this month's project allowance on zips and buttons last night :)

Cheers

Stuart

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
You're a bad man Pete, shame I spent this month's project allowance on zips and buttons last night :)

Cheers

Stuart

Sorry dude, bad timing as usual :)

Good spot Pete. do you think the quilted stuff would stand a chance as a diy jerven bag?

Hard to say for definite, but I'd say yes and it would save much work. Worth a phone to see what the fill is made from. Layered with some waterproof aluminized fabric, I can't see why a good clone isn't possible :)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I'm pretty sure these guys used to sell on ebay, I used their ripsop waterproof nylon for a coupla hammocks and tarps- if it is them, try to order all you need in one go as the fabric on a subsequent order was very different and I couldn't seam them together. Having said that, hammocks and tarps are 1-2yrs old and the fabric is performing admirably- and the prices are great for us tighter-than-a-gnats-chuff types :)

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Good spot Pete. do you think the quilted stuff would stand a chance as a diy jerven bag?

I've been looking into making a DIY jervan bag recently. I might be telling you something that you already know here but....you can buy jervan fabric direct from jervan, and it's not too expensive really.

HTH

Stuart

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Last edited:

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
What the heck now i see this. I ordered from point north about half an hour ago. This site seems to have a lot more range and is cheaper and nicely laid out.
Blast. :(

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
:lmao: has the zip bust or did you sew through the teeth?

Neither dude, the two sides don't quite line up as they should, one side's ended up about an inch longer than the other one :eek:

Nice mod, Stu.
I toyed with putting a zip in mine and lining it with fibrepile at the same time, when I was looking at winter bag options. Might still do it.

+1 for UKfabricsonline.com

That's not a bad idea mate, I'd be tempted to maybe make a sleeve on the bottom so that you could throw a thermarest or similar in there too and have it as complete bedroll.

Cheers,

Stuart

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
What the heck now i see this. I ordered from point north about half an hour ago. This site seems to have a lot more range and is cheaper and nicely laid out.
Blast. :(

Far from it dude IMO, Point north has hundreds of fabrics and fittings for our use and all are top quality, this site has just a handful . A useful handful though.

Have a look at Pennine Outdoor and Fabrics n Stuff too. Fabrics n Stuff is my favourite and most of my stuff has come from them :)

Some nice stuff on Ebay too. To find new stuff, the best way I've found is typing "fabric by the metre" in google.

Last edited:

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Hi teepee. I fabric n stuff is good but I couldn't find any grosgrain on there. Also point north os geared towards outdoors. I couldn't find any 2oz PU coated rip stop on there.
Thanks
Jacob

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Hi teepee. I fabric n stuff is good but I couldn't find any grosgrain on there. Also point north os geared towards outdoors. I couldn't find any 2oz PU coated rip stop on there.
Thanks
Jacob

Yeah, thats the bummer. Sods law dictates the bits you want will be spread equally around all the vendors :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE