new crusader lid

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
I'd hazard to guess - it doesn't leak!
I made the mistake of buying a cheap copy around £6 and it leaks.
Then got a £12 Osprey and you can really see the difference in quality - and no leaks!
 
Hi all,
I've been visiting this site for a while, thanks for all the information and sharing your knowledge and experience so far ! :).
I haven't managed to use my new Crusader mark 2 yet, but got it partially as a result of reviews from trusted sites like this.
It seems incomprehensible to me that it is so difficult to find a lid that fits-such a brilliant product-it's a bit like making a car without wheels.
Anyway, I ordered the 'stainless steel canteen cup lid' from Cadet Direct to see if I could make them compatible. I haven't seen my solution here, so hope that I'm not repeating what someone has already said. From looking at the web there seems to a lot of inferior solutions, at least in my opinion. I don't understand why no one simply just bends the top of the crusader mug inwards at appropriate points till it conforms to the shape of the lid. I used a pair of pliers and now have a unique and artful new crusader mug design which no one can ever claim is theirs :)
I guess if you wanted to you could press the mug in a mold and make it more perfect, but as it is made to be bashed about, I don't see the point.
I may drill holes and put a sieve on it, just thinking about the best way of adding these mods. I reckon that with practice this could be done in seconds.
First of all I proved that it could be done by bending the edges of the crusader cup inwards till the lid fitted, showing that the cup and the lid have similar circumferences.
Then I drew an outline of both the lid and the mug over one another so that I could see where the bending needs to be done. I began by bending the convex curve of the mug inwards and the went round the mug and ended up creating a kidney bean shape on the edge of the mug to match the lid. The sharpest curves are done on the lead into the concave edge and this is where I need to build up my skills :)
I hope this hasn't been a waste of your time, I haven't seen this solution anywhere, but it is such an obvious thing to do-all the solutions I have seen so far seem a bit trashy. Can any one point out why I shouldn't have done this?
Cheers
Nick
 
Old thread revival in spades!
Bending the Crusader cup on purpose....seems a little sacrilegious
Does your bottle (Osprey?) still nest in the cup? Everything fits together?
I’ve put a lot of mileage on my Crusader kit with the HC.
 
Does anybody know if the pathfinder lid fits the SS crusader cup?
Yes it does, I use one with my crusader cup. It's by no means a perfect fit but it does the job.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wushuplayer

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE