new crusader lid

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MandaPanda

Jul 24, 2011
Sussex
I'd hazard to guess - it doesn't leak!
I made the mistake of buying a cheap copy around £6 and it leaks.
Then got a £12 Osprey and you can really see the difference in quality - and no leaks!

NIckP

Nov 2, 2019
London
Hi all,
I've been visiting this site for a while, thanks for all the information and sharing your knowledge and experience so far ! :).
I haven't managed to use my new Crusader mark 2 yet, but got it partially as a result of reviews from trusted sites like this.
It seems incomprehensible to me that it is so difficult to find a lid that fits-such a brilliant product-it's a bit like making a car without wheels.
Anyway, I ordered the 'stainless steel canteen cup lid' from Cadet Direct to see if I could make them compatible. I haven't seen my solution here, so hope that I'm not repeating what someone has already said. From looking at the web there seems to a lot of inferior solutions, at least in my opinion. I don't understand why no one simply just bends the top of the crusader mug inwards at appropriate points till it conforms to the shape of the lid. I used a pair of pliers and now have a unique and artful new crusader mug design which no one can ever claim is theirs :)
I guess if you wanted to you could press the mug in a mold and make it more perfect, but as it is made to be bashed about, I don't see the point.
I may drill holes and put a sieve on it, just thinking about the best way of adding these mods. I reckon that with practice this could be done in seconds.
First of all I proved that it could be done by bending the edges of the crusader cup inwards till the lid fitted, showing that the cup and the lid have similar circumferences.
Then I drew an outline of both the lid and the mug over one another so that I could see where the bending needs to be done. I began by bending the convex curve of the mug inwards and the went round the mug and ended up creating a kidney bean shape on the edge of the mug to match the lid. The sharpest curves are done on the lead into the concave edge and this is where I need to build up my skills :)
I hope this hasn't been a waste of your time, I haven't seen this solution anywhere, but it is such an obvious thing to do-all the solutions I have seen so far seem a bit trashy. Can any one point out why I shouldn't have done this?
Cheers
Nick

Nov 16, 2014
Canada
Old thread revival in spades!
Bending the Crusader cup on purpose....seems a little sacrilegious
Does your bottle (Osprey?) still nest in the cup? Everything fits together?
I’ve put a lot of mileage on my Crusader kit with the HC.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Does anybody know if the pathfinder lid fits the SS crusader cup?
Yes it does, I use one with my crusader cup. It's by no means a perfect fit but it does the job.

Reactions: Wushuplayer

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE