New Bushcraft Knife / Jacklore Classic / Elm

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

briar87

Aug 5, 2022
Kent
Hi all. Hoping folks are well. Just wanted to start my first thread, and what better way to do it than on the day I received my Jacklore Classic. I only ordered it yesterday. Unbelievably beautiful knife.
I know a lot of folks say these may be the best being made at the moment, and from first glance (and also seeing a lot of Sandy’s youtube videos) I couldn’t disagree.
I’ll add a link to a video of the knife.
I can’t work out how to upload photos.

Anyway, check it out, and let me know what you think.

Briar / ✌️

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bluebs4
Aug 28, 2022
Uk
Lucky you I have been trying to buy one for two years, I can't sit around all day on a Tuesday to see if ones been posted on the site.

It's upto Sandy how he works it's his business but I find it really unfair. I totally accept his situation be happy to wait as long as it takes for him to get to an order ,but someone could go on the site for the first time and get a knife where those who follow closely might always miss out .

Great egret

Apr 17, 2017
Netherlands
Don't you simply have to order it how you want it done?
No, you have to keep an eye on the website to see if a knife is available, and if you are lucky to be the first to notice, you can buy that one. If you want something specific, like a lefthanded sheath, you are better of buying from a maker with a waitinglist where you can specify you wishes.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Coach

Banned
Oct 3, 2017
Uk
Lucky you I have been trying to buy one for two years, I can't sit around all day on a Tuesday to see if ones been posted on the site.

It's upto Sandy how he works it's his business but I find it really unfair. I totally accept his situation be happy to wait as long as it takes for him to get to an order ,but someone could go on the site for the first time and get a knife where those who follow closely might always miss out .
I have been chasing a Jacklore daily for more than 5yrs and yesterday morning I finally got one. Sandy posts them on different days and different times, he gets up to 1800 hits a week on his webpage and only produces two knives so there are going to be a lot of disappointed people. I think he's trying to avoid the Woodlore, Skookum scenario, Rob Bayley had to close his orderbooks because the waiting time got ridiculous, l believe Rod Garcias' is over 10 years. Don't give in, sooner or later you Will get your chance and its worth the wait.

briar87

Aug 5, 2022
Kent
I have been chasing a Jacklore daily for more than 5yrs and yesterday morning I finally got one. Sandy posts them on different days and different times, he gets up to 1800 hits a week on his webpage and only produces two knives so there are going to be a lot of disappointed people. I think he's trying to avoid the Woodlore, Skookum scenario, Rob Bayley had to close his orderbooks because the waiting time got ridiculous, l believe Rod Garcias' is over 10 years. Don't give in, sooner or later you Will get your chance and its worth the wait.
Very nice. Was that the elm handled classic with black g10 liners? I got the one before yours, with red liners.

Coach

Banned
Oct 3, 2017
Uk
Very nice. Was that the elm handled classic with black g10 liners? I got the one before yours, with red liners.
No, it's stabilised walnut with red liners, and yes I think you just pipped me to the first one. Sandys knives are very special and its an honour to own one.
Im very, very lucky.

Reactions: briar87

briar87

Aug 5, 2022
Kent
Yep, absolutely. I love mine. Really excited to get out there and use it. Any pics of yours? I can’t work out how to upload pictures on here! ha.

Coach

Banned
Oct 3, 2017
Uk
Yep, absolutely. I love mine. Really excited to get out there and use it. Any pics of yours? I can’t work out how to upload pictures on here! ha.
Sorry cant upload pictures, think you either have to join third party stuff or pay money to be a full member, an admin member can explain it properly.

Reactions: briar87

briar87

Aug 5, 2022
Kent

I now have this Jacklore and another for sale, if you may be interested?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE