New boy here

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello everyone
I've been toying with the idea of joining such a site as this for a while and now I've finally taken the plunge just in time for Christmas.
I am keen on kayaking and walking around south Devon and especially Dartmoor, my interest in bushcraft has developed from this.
I,m particularly interested in finding like minded people from the same are as this to share the outdoors with and hopefully developed friendships as well as knowledge and practical skills.
If there is anyone out there from the English Riviera please get in touch.
Ade.

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Hello Ade, welcome to the forum. You've made the right decision by joining. There is a lively and very friendly bunch active in your area, take a look in the Meet-ups and Gatherings threads for SW England and you'll see what I mean. Although I don't live there any more I'm from your neck o' the woods and started as a young'n with a love of S Devon and walking & camping on Dartmoor. There will be quite a few meet-ups in 2012 up on Dartmoor, watch that thread for dates and info, with any luck we'll see you there.

ATB

Paul

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Gosh, you got a lovely bit of the country to play in there! And like Ichy Paul says, get onto the meets threads for your area, they're excellent, dunno bout SW but if they're like the Midlands ones, its a right eyeopener at how a bushcraft society works better than regular society does!

Have fun and may all your interactions here be pleasant :)

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Yes TurboGirl, they are the same. Reports from Karl82 and Cliv (who've been to both) and looking at the photos confirm this. Nicer people and better camaraderie you couldn't wish for. BTW: I'm hoping to get to your meet in a couple of weeks - so looking forward to meeting you all.

ATB Paul

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Ade, welcome to the interesting world of BCUK ! hopefully you can as Paul says make it along to one of our meets , we are a friendly bunch , we even do mad things like pick people up from Newton Abbot , train and bus station , if transport is an issue.

This place is great !!

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE