New boy from NE Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Hi there and welcome Richie, good to see you here! Once this sideways rain stops for a while I'll try and set up my first forge.. lol

Richie'66

Forager
Nov 8, 2010
Banffshire, Scotland
Hi there and welcome Richie, good to see you here! Once this sideways rain stops for a while I'll try and set up my first forge.. lol

I don't know about you Nags but that forge set up at Comrie is/was about as easy as it gets....very impressed with the simple enginuety (sp?)

Hiya Chris , we'll have a meet-up sometime of that you can be sure.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Thats the set up I'm aiming for at first. Got my wheel hub, just need to sort out air supply. One thing I never looked at was the base of Andy's hub, what did he use to stop the coals falling out?

Richie'66

Forager
Nov 8, 2010
Banffshire, Scotland
Andy's wasn't a wheel by the way but if that's what your going for just place a piece of circular steel in the hole. Try using what ya got for now but don't go too thin (it'll burn through too quickly). ;)

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Ooops, neither it was, it was a doodaa on legs wasn't it.. lol Should be able to find something to cover it,if not at home then no doubt can blag it from the FC workshop. Cheers, for the tips, got my Citric Acid ready for my fancy etching.. lol *cough* okay I think I'll leave that for a while.. :D

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Hi Nag , the doodaa was an oil drum on legs !
mind that finger with the citric acid ........ try salad cream instead !

Craig.............

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Hi Nag , the doodaa was an oil drum on legs !
mind that finger with the citric acid ........ try salad cream instead !

Craig.............

Hmm, was thinking seagul paste my work better? Goodness knows their droppings eat through stuff.. :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE