New airmat….Windcatcher :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Son1's just sent me a link to this…. I think this is pretty cool :D even easier than the bag and nozzle for a down mat :cool:

[video=youtube;Jv9Gghy6Lj4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv9Gghy6Lj4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

cheers,
Toddy

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I remember seeing this demonstrated on QI last year when they were blowing up bin liners in one breath with the same technique, cool to see it put to practical use

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Now all we need is it combined wtih the down mat, and it's sorted :D

Is there a UK supplier ? (Thanks for the link Karl :) )

M

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Isn't this the same principle that allows escape slides to inflate so quickly on aircraft too?

If it is, then that patent pending they have is going to fail and the copiers will drive the price down to peanuts. Its the capitalists way.

It is a great product though... we take air mattresses on camping holidays with the kids, and it always takes a good hour to inflate all the beds. This would have the same job done in five minutes with next to no effort!

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Looks very similar to the Scnozzle pump bag that you can get for exped mats.

The advantage of the exped scnozzle bag is you don't have to blow into it, which means you're not putting moisture and bacteria from your breath into the mat, meaning you don't end up with mould growing in the mat.

J

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
And yet, I never had had mould growing in my mat (and there is lots of moisture and bacteria in the air too)

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
I do like the Exped schnozzle - it's certainly a big step up from their little integrated hand pump thingy - but this is better. I use the same principle to get the schnozzle bag nice and full, but this cuts out the middle man. I assume this is NOT an insulated mat, just an airbed?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE