Need an justification to grow long hair or a beard? Try this

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I Have always had long hair., my beard must be 9 inch long now too. My sons hair his down to just below his jeans belt loops. Years ago I shaved my head, I was forever bumping my head on things. Like cat whiskers, hair gives me some protection and warning. Native Indians were very useful in the Vietnam conflict for their native language. Radio messages could not be easily interpreted or translated by the enemy.

i thought that was the navajo wind talkers in WWII in the pacific...

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
correct me if i*m wrong but did some tribes in eastern north america not have a mohawk haircut and still were good trackers? and most images of the san i*ve seen show them with short hair, too- and they*re expert trackers as well.....

That's what makes it curious.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I thought it was the Welsh - world wide!

My wee bother, in the KOSB based in Germany for a couple of years….working the radio, the only game the squaddies were allowed to play was battleships…..must have confused the hell out of the Russians trying to make sense of two Jock squaddies,
with accents from Aberdeen to Lewis, from Lanarkshire to the Borders…"Hello yin thisis twa, ow'r?", "Twa thisis yin, Bravo fower, o'er". "Yin, naw"…."Yin, thisis twa, Cherlie seeevin"

:rolleyes:

M

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
My hair is getting longer and I notice an increase in my shampoo bill.

Also I am going blind.

Are these three events related?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My wee bother, in the KOSB based in Germany for a couple of years….working the radio, the only game the squaddies were allowed to play was battleships…..must have confused the hell out of the Russians trying to make sense of two Jock squaddies,
with accents from Aberdeen to Lewis, from Lanarkshire to the Borders…"Hello yin thisis twa, ow'r?", "Twa thisis yin, Bravo fower, o'er". "Yin, naw"…."Yin, thisis twa, Cherlie seeevin"

M

KOSB eh Toddy?
That was my family regiment! My Grandfather was CSM in WW1 my mother was civvi secretary to the CO and all my uncles were in for WW2...
When I visited the depot as a child my mother had to translate what everyone was saying (from my cousins to the curator of the Regt Museum - officers I could understand) but once I had had an intensive language course ("Ooor Wullie" and "The Broons" as set books) I could just about follow a conversation :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

M

Hehe. Good post Today. Some of the radio chatter I used to listen to while in the FC up north was fun. Mind one of unflappable Highlands chap coming over the radio while I was in the office. Got to be done in a clear slow highlands accent. "Hello, L3 to base, I've rolled the Rover over, over."
While giggling I could imagine him sitting upside down with the landy on it's roof. Had to get him to repeat it just for kicks. Some of the more Aberdonian & Buckie based accents were peachy when it came to radio chatter though, the English guys in the office couldn't make them out at all.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE