Neck knife suggestions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
I have a Bark River Mini Canadian - it does everything i need a neck knife to do.

MiniCanadianBA03133MAIS.jpg

I also have a Stu Barker PSK which is great too :)

PSK.jpg

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
lol Hoodoo, you'd get on with my pal the General....

i've been scouring the the net all night, and I seem to have found one thats's pretty inexpensive, small, and avaliable to me here in the UK :)

anyone got any input for a Buck Hartsook Neck Knife? I thought pretty nice sv30 ... beats the 440c of the grasshopper!

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
lol Hoodoo, you'd get on with my pal the General....

i've been scouring the the net all night, and I seem to have found one thats's pretty inexpensive, small, and avaliable to me here in the UK :)

anyone got any input for a Buck Hartsook Neck Knife? I thought pretty nice sv30 ... beats the 440c of the grasshopper!

Got one. It's not much of a necker. Very small knife. Can be used for very light utility. Not bad if you just want something handy under your t shirt for cutting string or opening boxes or letters but not much more than that. Since this is not a hard user, the steel type is almost irrelevant except that if you carry it under your shirt, it will pick up a lot of salts from sweat and stainless is best suited for that.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I've been looking at the ESEE Izula too, but I'm unsure how big it would actually be as a neck knife, it might be a bit too big?

There are two in my photo (burgundy paracord wrap and the one above it with scales). I think they are exceptional neckers. However, if you want rust resistance, you might consider the Buck Kaala (orange paracord wrap). Great bird and trout knife and a good sized handle. High quality S30V steel.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales

buying form ebay is tricky over here, ebay UK blocks all knife sales :( goddamn police state!

that's not a bad knife, I'd take something like that boating it looks great for cutting rope, but I'm not sure that I'd get much use out of the serrations for the day to day stuff I'd want it for.

I'm leaning very much towards an Izula now, just trying to track one down online, the cheapest I can find in the UK for just the knife and sheath is nearly $90 US :(

Matty 2 Fatty

Jan 23, 2011
London
Hi all!

I'm looking at investing in a small neck knife, so far I've been tempted by:

http://www.heinnie.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=5641&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=13

seems cheap and cheerful enough for what I'm after, I'm just wondering what others here use, and any recommendations they may have!

Gotta say i got one of these and found it to be a good neck knife, nice size not to big and good price only down side is the sheath it comes with looks crap, dose the job but gonna end up building my own!

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
I was considering a neck knife a month or so ago but in the end settled for a good old Mora 510 and im very happy with it to be honest. I must say, I do like the look of the Boker in the link above though!

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
you cant go wrong with a Falkniven WM1, or one of mine! (had to get that in)
I will take a picture of the last one I made for myself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE