nautiraid rando 520 canoe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jean baptiste

Tenderfoot
right now I finally done my Nautiraid, it is 4 years I battle to finally pay me. A dream come true!
Nautiraid why more than another simply because I know the brand since my military service, or I stay at Beas kayaks swimmers who were fighting and are still Nautiraid. materials used are not the same as the general public, but are not intended either for the same purpose.
Then there are 5 to 6 years my fréro it offered a kayak of 5.20 m in Nautiraid too. And frankly it's super gear. I have an experience of the sea and the construction yard after 15 years spent as a shipwright and sailor on large yachts. The desire to discover a bit more but the land within my course guide to lakes and rivers (bah yes we do not remake) I try a lot of stuff kayaking, canoeing and other trick rent is so unspeakable crap. In short, I seek a large boat with which I can take my little family hiking and that can be stored easily in a car trunk. The side of the inflatable I were not convinced and found that most of the kayak. And I can not stay any longer legs one day, the choice of folding canoes were so obvious
So I came just to receive and I get to understand the principle and lubricate all moving parts. I would go for a stroll with the result but I am still a stay at home can have a ******* herniated disc that does not leave me
here are the pictures of the assembly and in the weeks to come i purchase my rewiew

Recommended maximum load: 350 kg
Length: 520 cm
Width: 87 cm
(95 cm "Stabilairs" inflated)
Median height: 37 cm
Bow Height: 45 cm
assembly time 20 minutes

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
What a beauty!

This has to be the nicest folder that I've seen, I love everything about it.

Sorry to hear about your injury, perhaps having such a great boat will encourage the healing process, and you'll be afloat soon.

Thanks for sharing.

EarlyRiser

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2009
Perthshire
That looks fantastic jean baptiste; what sort of material is the hull made of?

Do you have any pictures with the sponsons inflated or perhaps afloat?

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
I agree, that's the best looking foldable canoe I've seen anywhere.

Am I the only one thinking:
  • Thick ply for the frames.
  • 20mm plumbing pipe for the stringers.
  • Vinyl or something like 'Americanised Cloth' for the cover.

Twenty or thirty quid or so should give you an idea if it's possible.

No? OK just me then:rolleyes:

Cheers,
Steve

I think nautiraid military kayaks are better, way much better than kleppers and even better than any folding canoe. A Nautiraid kayak would give you far better security on open water than the canoe when solo and the storage capacity and seaworthyness of them are awesome...such a shame they are not available to us non mil types!

But hey the folding canoe looks far better than most I've seen! Fantastic!

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK

I think that for such a top marque, beautiful, capable craft, the price is proportionate.

I paid over £1000 (last year) for my Denali Llama Packraft and paddle, and the pleasure of owning a hand made, packable boat which exceeds my expectations (and abilities) far outweighs the initial purchase price.
happy0054.gif

Jean, you've really sparked my interest, I love your boat, and after seeing it, I'm compelled to have one...........

cannot_be_unseen.jpg

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Thank you Jean Baptiste the boat in the link really does look like a skin-on-frame pirogue.

An interesting project but no where near as lovely as your new boat.
Cheers,
Steve

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Oh yes, like that a lot. :)

I nearly bought a Nautiraid sail a couple of years ago. It was like a vee sail but had additional panels that fanned out to increase the area. Very pretty but just a bit small for what I was after.

Their greenlander style folding kayaks are tasty too. Tend to see them about quite a lot and it's no surprise, they really look the part.

Feb 5, 2008
Datchet
Brilliant.

I was only looking at there website the other day. I don't need another canoe but in this case I WANT one.

Cant see me getting a grand + under the lady of the house's nose though:(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE