Nalgene Oasis canteen cup.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
R

Redd

Hi, this is my first post ......... ever so hope I'm doing the right things?
My question;

I have an old military canteen but replaced the bottle with the Nalgene Oasis bottle but it does not fit the old canteen cup due to the Nalgene Oasis bottle being slightly wider at the bottom. So I am after a slightly larger canteen cup for my kit. I was looking at the SF BCB CRUSADER / BCB CRUSADER but did not want to spend £15+ and then find out that it does not fit. I have asked a couple of shops but they don't know.

Has anyone had the same problem or does anyone know if the Crusaders fit the Oasis?

Many thanks.

R

Redd

Cheers for that Exploriment.
I have had a look at the USGI and it looks uncanny like the one I have. Not sure if mine is a original or not. The Oasis slides 3/4 the way down into the cup and then that is where it will stop.
The Crusaders look wider and I see on another blog that they fit the Oasis but wanted to see if anyone else can confirm that.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
I have the crusader and the oasis, the bottle fits fine, not snug but not to loose either.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I tried it in my crusader, the bottle does sort of fit but it is loose as the crusader is designed to take a 58 bottle not a US shaped one. the shape of the crusader is not complementary to the shape of the nalgene.

VFR800Essex

Tenderfoot
Feb 28, 2012
Essex UK
Word of warning on the Crusader cup. They can be slightly differing in size as i found out this weekend. I have the metal lid that's a snug fir on one and a bit of a rattler on the other.

R

Redd

Just like to say thanks for the help. I brought a US GI cup from ebay for £10 and got it today which fits like a glove.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE