Myyyyy Northstar

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
boaty said:
Best I can do is find this link to spoon carving techniques on the Pinewood Forge website - about 2/3 of the way down - it's called the scissor cut on there

Imageine you're holding your knife with the thumb on the flat of the blade, edge pointing towards your knuckles

This uses the big muscle groups in the shoulders to effect the cut so is very powerful (these muscules get used a lot when sculling, so my cuts are veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery powerful :rolmao: )

Thanks for the site and info. :You_Rock_

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I was really disapointed with my North Star and so i contacted Mike directly and detailed my experience with the knife.
He responded very quickly and has assured me he will sort it out.
Seems like a very genuine guy.

"It does sound like you got a pretty rough knife.
PM me your address. I have just the solution.
As to the sheath. It was only something to ship the knife in until the proper sheaths are ready. That sheath was actually designed for the Highland. the proper sheaths will be another two weeks. I don't think that the knife you recieved is typical of our knives.

Mike............ "

rapidboy

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
i assure you the service you get from mike is geniunly top class.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE