Myyyyy Northstar

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Well, the long awaited NS arrived this morning, i was asleep but someone must have been in as i found it on the table :D.

Feels very, very nice in the hand and the tapered tang is stunning. And sharp!!! You could have a shave with this thing.

The sheath is making my hands greasy though, but i know that it is temporary.

Will attempt to get some pictures up tonight, i'll get over to my Dads house and use his digital camera, but neither of us have a very technical knack so don't get your hopes up!

Mine is Antique ivory micarta. I think i made a very good choice there!

IvoryMicarta_rivet.jpg

Hope that picture works. Mine is less grained than that one, probably more like

IvoryMicarta_mosaic.jpg

Call it something in between.

Who else got one???

:eek:):

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
WOW! I got the pictures up :shock:

Maybe i'll be able to take some of my own as well!

My Northstar and Mini Canadian arrived this morning, first impressions are these are SUPERB knives, the Northstar feels good in the hand, cuts Newsprint in very thin strips and shaved the hair off my arm out of the box.
The Mini Canadian is a neat little blade and also shaving sharp, Thanks to Joe at ODS for excellent service and Thanks to Mike at BRKT for two beauties.

Stephen.

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I got mine today.WAHOO. I can still do cartwheels!!!
I heard the other half talking to my son,explaining my elation she just said;
"Mowgli has his tooth" :eek:):

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I know the feeling! I it such a superb knife, one to rival many. An i also think my handle material is by far the best choice :nana:. So smoooooooooth.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Jake Rollnick said:
I know the feeling! I it such a superb knife, one to rival many. An i also think my handle material is by far the best choice :nana:. So smoooooooooth.

Antique Ivory is nice but I always think of it as a blank canvas waiting for some scrimshaw. :)

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
:roll: no way!

By far a superior handle material! Subtle, sofisticated, bright enough to find on a forest floor.......all the qualities you need.

:wink:

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Its great. It's raining and i'm in the middle of the city so i can't! But will hopefully get out this weekend (he says :roll:)

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Jake, congratulations on your new blade, it is a real beauty. That is exactly the knife I will order when I can. I plan on adding Ivory grips to my .45 to match. :wink:

I also gave thought to having an Inuit friend add some scrimshaw to the handles, but getting Mike Stewarts imput would definitely be in order before doing so.

You mentioned that the handle is smooth with the micarta. Is it a good griping handle? Or, is the smoothness going to be prone to letting the hand slip while using the knife?

dave750gixer

May 3, 2004
scotland
Mmmmmm

My blaze orange G10 and desert ironwood handled pair of North Stars arrived today. No need to put up a pic though as someone else seems to have bought the same :super:

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
hi ducky are those the sheaths that come with the north star or have you made new one's just wondered as the production ones look naff to me :wave:

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
P1010010a.jpg

Im really looking forward to mine ,are those the temporary sheath's?
They look fine and so much better than the original ones.
What's wrong with your woodlore ? ,it's much too clean and new looking :eek:):

rb

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE