My version of a tentipi.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
I'am still waiting on the ladderlocks, so i made up the parts for the ladderlocks to fit on.

img1001gi6.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Topknot.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi Agiles,
The ripstop nylon was a trade for some leather work (glasses & darts case) with a person down the pub . It was a long wait for they are offcuts and i wanted green.
Topknot.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Good design and construction values, very impressive.

A lot of people will be interested in the specifications, dimensions and weight.

I would be concerned about the centre pole's ability to withstand high wind and rain pressure, given the surface area.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
I was hoping to have the tent finished for the Moot, but time ran out on me. So some pics of the nearly finished tent, all i have to do is attach the guy lines, then put the hose pipe over it to see what happens. One thought i have is to put a dew cloth in. As to the question below i can not see this being a prob.

Cheers Topknot.

img1036cs1.jpg

img1037xq9.jpg

img1040hb0.jpg

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
No probs with that tent! Looks great. The Hex 3 uses a similar central pole and is made of lightweight silnylon. I've had it up in quite some weather and no problems, the shape supposedly helps wind to flow around it so it doesn't act like a sail. There are larger tents with the same sort of central pole construction, Bison tents and Tentipi tents that also use trhe central pole system. If there was a problem with it, it would have become known by now!

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE