My version of a tentipi.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
This is the start of my version of a hex 3 /tentipi . The ripstop nylon was a trade for some leather work. I made the pattern out of a cardboard box to a size that would fit the nylon, because of the nylon size i had to make 10 panels and not 8. This is it so far with the panels cut out. I found a lady to sew it together who used to make tents but now works from home, so its in her hands now for the seams and to put the zip in .

img0834by6.jpg

img0869xq5.jpg

img0870yj6.jpg

Made this up to early with 8 straps so i will have to make 1 more up with 10.

img0833up4.jpg

Thank you for looking
Topknot.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I was thinking a while back about making a modern baker tent, a very basic version. I was gonna use IPK sheets to make the roof and walls, leaving the floor open.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I was thinking a while back about making a modern baker tent, a very basic version. I was gonna use IPK sheets to make the roof and walls, leaving the floor open.

You're welcome to use my plans mate. IPK's should work really well.
baker-tent2.jpg

The curtains you can see drawn back inside the main part are just decorator's dust sheets from B&Q.

Here's the plan.
baker-tent.jpg

Sorry to hijack the thread. I'll also be watching the tentipi with much interest.

Eric

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
Just picked up my tent from the lady who stitched in the main seams (10) and a zip with flap, for the grand price of £22.50. So now i'll have to make the other bits and then back for more stitching. Some pic's.

img0962nn2.jpg

img0963tj8.jpg

Cheers Topknot.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Coming alone nicely,really looking forward to seeing the finished piece of kit now!:)

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
One more step closer to the finish. The pic show the webbing stitch in for the top cap and bottom , so the next step is put on the tension relief bits and the storm cord bits. This will pull the tent out.

img0969nz3.jpg

img0966ay8.jpg

Thanks for looking
Topknot.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
Bit more.
The centre pole in the pic's is the washing line pole,so i needed a pole. I had no luck phoning the camping shops (tentipi pole £35+vat :eek: ), next step aluminium pipe no luck with that.
I was on site the other day doing some paper work and in the room was a mop and bucket. Then the penny dropped :rolleyes: ,
This is the outcome, i have rivited the copper pipe bits to the ali poles and just need to clean them up.
The tent measurements are 3.5 meter dia by 2.2 high.

img0978ej5.jpg

img0979mj3.jpg

Thanks for looking
Topknot

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
I'am waiting on some ladderlocks for the tension bits on the tent, so in the meantime i made these bags .
The bags are made from the same ripstop nylon silicone-coated as the tent with the bottoms reinforced with 2 layers. peg , pole , tent bags

img0992wz3.jpg

I have added this to the third pole ,so a lite can be used. The nail will be removed

img0993ge1.jpg

img0994cv9.jpg

Topknot

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
This just gets better and better :D Well impressed.

How did you rivet the bracket for the Uco onto the pole ? I've got one of the Argos tips (one reason I've got so much ripstop) and the pole is pretty hefty. I had made up a bracket from (the name escapes me, the metal tape that comes on a roll, cut to length and feed the end through a little turnscrew fitting to tighten) that seems to hold, but I reckon your idea is more secure.

cheers,
Toddy

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi Toddy,
The bracket is made from a mi cable clip. I riveted one side down then moulded it round the pole and drilled and riveted in place. I made two up, if you want the other one with rivets PM your addy i'll send it to you .
cheers Topknot.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
That's really impressive fella. I was going to make a tent tipi myself but lack of sewing machine, time and material nailed it on the head.

Well done :notworthy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE