My smallest bush craft knife yet!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stanley lake

Forager
May 15, 2007
NORTH EAST
Hi all i thought you might want to have a gander at my smallest real bush craft knife yet it took just as long to make as the full size knife especially with my bad eye site and shaky hands :( its been made exactly the same way and the same materials as its big brother the blade is carbon steel and as sharp as a razor blade if i had the choice off this knife and nothing i know which one id have I've included a couple off pictures the one pound coin shows the true size of knife and the one with is big brother . i tried to pull the wool over your eyes lads as i posted a picture in another thread of this knife but as full sizes one or to off you got close :D
Me065.jpg

Me063.jpg

Me064-1.jpg

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Nice work! :D I've made a mini knife m'self, though I didn't have the patience to make a handle, so I gave it the blacksmith style handle instead - I tried but it was just too fiddly so kudos!

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
thats great, I've had a go at small knives, I can appreciate the effort that goes into them, and they are a bit of fun..
smallknife.jpg

and in use
amwithknife.jpg

I've put these up before, apologies if you've seen them.

I was thinking what other bits of common "bushcraft" kit could turn out as a nice miniature?

stevec038

Aug 11, 2008
Del City, OK, USA
Beautiful work. Keep at it. I knew a man when I was a boy that deer hunted. He gutted, skinned, and cut up his deer with a box of single edge razor blades and a hatchet. Just proves that you can do real work with minimal tools and good skills. One of my favorite knives is a neck knife with a 1.5 inch blade and 2 inch handle. Made it about 15 years ago and still use it,especially when fishing. Small knives have great uses.

stanley lake

Forager
May 15, 2007
NORTH EAST
Hi all thanks for comments some nice Minni knifes there i could probably make all sorts of minicher bush craft stuff i used to make show models many years ago its a bit of fun ill stick to the big ones :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE